*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
3
4
5
11
12
15
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078535-Assignment-19
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2327724
A Place for My Creations
#1078535 added October 18, 2024 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Assignment 19
         Her appointment was tomorrow, but Kelly wanted to see what she was letting herself in for. She unfolded the small piece of paper clutched in her hands.
"Yep, this is the place, alright," she whispered.
Staring up at the old house on the cliff made her feel small. There was something familiar about it, but she couldn't put her finger on it. It had that look. The look of a sentry. A sentry standing guard at a point of passage—waiting—daring. Daring those who would come forward and breach its walls. Even its sea, ominous, yet majestic seemed to agree with its foreboding message as the waves violently crashed and foamed against and around the cliff-side rocks.
The warm, white gritty sand of Khiloi Beach oozed between her toes. The deep breath she took left a heavy saline taste in her mouth as she looked down and checked the address once again. Kelly felt the sting of late afternoon winds against her cheeks and ripple through her hair. Glancing at her watch, she smiled and nodded her head. Four-o'clock. The Diablo Winds were on time.

         Kelly looked back up to the house on the cliff. Seagate, the locals called it. It was enormous. Way too large for the needs of one old lady who most likely occupied only one floor or one wing at the most,she thought as she shook her head.

© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078535-Assignment-19