*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
4
5
6
9
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078085-Halloween
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1078085 added October 11, 2024 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Halloween
Use these words in your entry today :ghouls, fools, meander, witches, snitches, strew, tales and sales.

October prompts are difficult for me as I actually don’t like Halloween. I know that might be hard for the citizens of the USA to believe. I was raised in a country and in a time when it wasn’t on my radar at all. I’ve also seen the hype getting bigger each year in Australia but only over the last decade or so.
WdC insists we write about witches and ghouls. and Ghostly tales in our posts.
I took a meander through the available current contests like a fool, expecting there to be something not pertaining to Halloween strewn throughout the entire site. But as I feared I was setting myself up for failure. Each year I feel as if I ought to snitch to the StoryMaster and put in a complaint but that would be rather petty, after all who am I to begrudge the pleasure millions of people get from writing poems and stories about a Celtic pagan festival from 1200 years ago? And the sales of cheap plastic decorations destined to pollute the rivers and oceans will keep growing exponentially.
Signed the Grinch🤷‍♀️

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1078085-Halloween