*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077432-Silence-Barrel-of-Monkeys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#1077432 added September 29, 2024 at 7:35am
Restrictions: None
Silence [Barrel of Monkeys]
Our next stop on our Sarah McLachlan tour is Silence (Delerium), which was on the Sarah McLachlan Remixed album (2001)



I said that Angel was Sarah's most well-known song, and I stand by this. But I wonder whether Silence has been heard the most - without people realising it is a Sarah McLachlan track. I'm sure people don’t pay too much attention to the music while raving.

Sarah had two remix albums, which I've probably listened to just as much as her other albums. They add an extra layer to the depth of her music.

As a competitive swimmer, I always listened to music just before going out to race. More often than not—especially when iPods became available—I would create playlists of music that I enjoyed and got fired up by.

For years, Silence was on those Playlists. I can't remember all the music I used to play during these times (and when because some songs came and went), but there is a very high chance that I listened to Silence just before winning at least one of my international medals.


Give me release
Witness me
I am outside
Give me peace
Heaven holds a sense of wonder
And I wanted to believe that I’d get caught up
When the rage in me subsides


© Copyright 2024 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077432-Silence-Barrel-of-Monkeys