*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
14
15
21
22
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077291-The-Rapture-A-Primer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(125)
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2172808
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#1077291 added September 25, 2024 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Rapture: A Primer
Writing about eschatology ("the study of last things") is a challenge to express faithfully, and to parse out accurately. Yet, expressing eschatology is important to be done.

Finding people, who know the same tenets of Christianity, that I know is a daunting task. I had a discussion with a young adult, yesterday, who was decades younger than me. She clearly stated, that she had never heard of the Rapture, and from what I could tell, she didn't know The Gospel, either.

Sipping a cup of coffee is a wonderful experience, but will we even remember it 100 years from now?

A Primer:

1. I firmly believe, that this life is merely the beginning of our existence, not the sum total of it.
2. I am convinced, that the nine months of gestation is to this life what this life is to Eternity.
3. I would like to assert, that since the afterlife is infinitely longer than this life, it is worthy of more contemplation than the considerations of this life.
4. The bad news is, that our first parents sinned at the forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden.
5. The Good News (aka "Gospel") is Jesus coming to correct our sin, by living His perfect life and dying on a tree on Mount Calvary, being buried, and rising again on the third day.
6. Salvation comes to a human when The Lord intervenes to give the new birth. (John 3:3)
7. The Rapture is the moment when Jesus returns to snatch away all, who are newly born. These will enjoy The Marriage Supper of The Lamb, while those, who remain on Earth will experience The Great Tribulation.

Why am I writing about this right now?

Many things are happening on Earth, which are signs, making the fall of 2024 prime historical real estate for The Rapture of the Church (aka "The Snatching Away of The Bride of Christ.") This is where souls become confused, throwing up their hands, saying, "This is just too hard to understand."

A consistent rebuttal is Matthew 24:36, KJV, "36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

The counterpoint comes in two ways. First, is this verse referencing The Rapture or The Second Coming of Christ? Secondly, what does it mean in context? Now, let's read four verses, together. Yet, these four verses may still not be enough to express the complete meaning.

"36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
" (Matthew 24:36-39, KJV)

When the Judgment of God comes on Earth, humans will be continuing "life as usual." That happened in the days of Noah in the global flood. It's happening, again, right now. What is happening at this moment in HIStory?

"25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
" (Luke 21:25-28, KJV)

As I write this, I am bracing for the coming of Hurricane Helene. I'm inland, but I'm right in the path of the storm. This certainly sounds like verse 26c, "for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

Rebuttal: "But we've always had hurricanes."
Response: "True, but have hurricanes increased in strength and numbers to have any importance, regarding Scripture?"

Will the Rapture be coming soon? Maybe it's just a "gut feeling," but it surely seems like it will.

The Rapture

"16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
" (I Thessalonians 4:16-18, KJV)

Let's review. What is The Gospel? If this is not understood, then the Rapture will come and go, and in its aftermath, HIStory will be changed. We need to know the Gospel. It is so important.

The Gospel

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" (I Corinthians 15:3-4, KJV)


by Jay O’Toole
on September 25th, 2024


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


Quill Winner Signature 2022


2023 Quill Finalist

© Copyright 2024 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077291-The-Rapture-A-Primer