*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077163-Catching-up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2321120
Activity Prep for NaNoWriMo Nov 2024
#1077163 added September 23, 2024 at 2:58am
Restrictions: None
Catching up
By now I should have week one, two, and three completed. I have done two exercises. It is still in the cards to write a story/book/50K words in November. When I sit down to write, I do so with no outline, formal character list with characteristics in the order they come in and what they are doing in what storyline within the book. I make stuff up as I go along. I will do brief responses to the exercise prompts using one or the other ideas or maybe a new one.

Exercise 3, Week 1 (Some exercise 1,2 stuff)
picture from city website

Hometown: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Population: 36,738 (2022)
ZIP Codes: 74401-74403
Chief of police: Johnny Teehee
Area code: 918
Elevation: 577 ft (176 m)
Founded: March 16, 1898
Nickname: Queen City of the Southwest.
4 Chain hotels:Home2Suites (a Hilton property), Hampton Inn (a Hilton property), La Quinta Inn, Best Western

Food & Water: IHOP, Mexican, Pizza joint, Popular food is Bar-B-Que; Muskogee City Water Department customer rating 2.4 out of 5.0 due to slow customer service may have understaffed customer service?

Sanitation: The Solid Waste Department provides collection, removal and disposal of solid Waste for the citizens of Muskogee. There are city wide clean up days. Leader in recycling and solid waste disposal.


What is produced there: Muskogee is an economic center for eastern Oklahoma, and is home to several industrial activities. Georgia-Pacific has a tissue, paper towel, and napkin manufacturing plant in Muskogee. The 2.9 million square foot facility is Muskogee's largest employer with 800 workers.


What is not produced there and needs to be imported: Did Merle Haggard ever live in Muskogee Oklahoma? Merle's parents were from the area before moving to California. Merle never lived in Muskogee. He was born three years after the family moved out west. But he was fully aware that his father worked hard on the farm back in Oklahoma and was proud to be an Okie, explaining the line in the song.Oct 13, 2019
Carrie Underwood was born on 10 March 1983 in Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA. She is a music artist and actress, known for Soul Surfer (2011), The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) and American Idol (2002).

Borders: Cities near Muskogee, Oklahoma: · Tahlequah, OK · Bixby, OK · Broken Arrow, OK · Okmulgee, OK · Jenks, OK · Claremore, OK · Tulsa, OK · Owasso, OK

Key Landmarks: On the Arkansas River; Oklahoma Honor Heights Park with trails, an arboretum, Five Civilized Tribes Museum, Muskogee War Memorial Park beside the river with a the USSS Barfish, a WWII submarine with an onboard museum, Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame honoring local musicians and stage concerts. (Source: Google)

Restrictions on people who live there: Renowned for its scenic landscape, outdoor recreation and musical heritage, Muskogee offers a convenient location, low cost of living and a mild climate that's attractive to all ages — from young families to retirees alike.
A person who lives in or comes from Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA is called an Okie from Muskogee (although many consider the term disparaging).

Notes:
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Muskogee was: White: 51.63% Native American: 15.15% Black or African American: 15.06%

Crime rates: Violent Property
Number of Crimes 417 1,241
Crime Rate (per 1K) 11.35 33.78

Famous for: It was in Muskogee that the Tribes gathered in 1905 to write a constitution for the State of Sequoyah. Muskogee was selected to be the capital of the “Indian State.” Denied admission to the Union, Indian Territory then joined with Oklahoma Territory to form the great state of Oklahoma and Okie pride was born.

Weather: They get tornados-TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — The National Weather Service Tulsa says the storm that hit Muskogee County on May 15 has been rated an EF-1tornado. The estimated peak wind was recorded at 100 to 110 mph. May 17, 2020.The state with the highest number of strong tornadoes per unit area is Oklahoma, with the state's Cleveland County having the most tornadoes per square mile.
The cold season lasts for 3.0 months, from November 25 to February 24, with an average daily high temperature below 58°F. The coldest month of the year in Muskogee is January, with an average low of 30°F and high of 50°F.


How you say hello in Muskogee: Hesci [hEEs-chay] Hesci is the word for “hello” in the Muskogee language of the Creeks. Use it in written correspondence to greet or welcome your audience/reader. How do you say thank you in Muskogee: “Mvto (muh-doe),” the Muscogee word for thank you.Nov 18, 2022

American Indian Tribe in Muskogee: The Muscogee Nation is the fourth largest federally recognized tribe in the United States. Like the United States government, the Muscogee government is composed of executive, legislative and judicial branches.Oct 23, 2023

Fun Facts: In 1970, with the opening of Arkansas River navigation, Muskogee became Oklahoma's first port with access to the Gulf of Mexico. Bacone College was founded in 1880. The Five Civilized Tribes Museum (opened 1876) is in Honor Heights Park. The city is the home of the Oklahoma School for the Blind.



© Copyright 2024 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077163-Catching-up