*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076951-Equinox-Storm
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1076951 added September 18, 2024 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
Equinox Storm

Oh my word - we are in the midst of a great rain storm. My friend in Gardiner named these 'Equinox storms'. Every fall and spring we get rain, usually around the time of the autumnal and vernal equinoxes.

Rain started at my place about 10 PM last night. It hasn't stopped, and so far we have about 2 inches of rain and climbing. And for this part of Montana that is a gift, let me tell you.

But this will be interesting this morning as we do Meals on Wheels every Wednesday. Soggy and slippery I am sure will be the norm around town.

There is a great deal of drama at the Senior Center and kitchen these days. They installed a new manager some months ago, and it isn't going well. Numbers are down, food is decreasing in quality and quantity, volunteers are quitting. I have no idea why they installed this person in the job. No one knows if she has food service experience, management experience. No one knows where she worked before. It's quite curious and sad. And now the state health department and the county commissioners are getting into the mix.

Next week is a meeting to voice concerns. I've written a letter, and may attend. We are seriously thinking of not volunteering for this any more. We do feel a certain responsibility. But to give out bad food, hear constant complaints, get criticized on the way we do this volunteer job by this manager, it all just defeats you some days.

But a fun thing I'm doing now is a play with the Musselshell players. This play is hilarious. Just a lot of fun. We laugh all the time during rehearsal, which is good. Of course, we have to learn lines and stage directions, but to act and just be someone else for a time is a great creative exercise. And to do it with people you enjoy being with. Wonderful...


© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076951-Equinox-Storm