*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
6
9
10
11
13
14
15
17
21
22
24
25
26
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076479-The-Girl-Who-Fell-from-Heaven
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1076479 added September 11, 2024 at 2:32am
Restrictions: None
The Girl Who Fell from Heaven
I was walking yesterday when a girl pulled up beside me on a motorcycle. She was beautiful and smiled the most amazing smile I have ever seen. She asked if I needed a lift, and thinking she was seeking a fare, I told her I was just out getting some exercise. We began talking and thirty minutes passed in the blink of an eye. Her name is Nada and she wasn't looking to make any money off me. The previous day, she had seen me walking in the rain and felt sorry for me. And today, she saw me walking along the road and decided to stop and offer me a ride.

I did my best not to overplay my enthusiasm, but I didn't exactly hide it from her...telling her how beautiful she was. We exchanged numbers and have been messaging each other ever since. Nada is a forty-seven-year-old Thai national who works as a housekeeper. After she finished work today, we met for dinner and it couldn't have gone better. She speaks good English, is funny and very petite. It's like Nada fell from heaven and landed right in my lap.

In the morning, we're going on my bike to Cha-Am, a small town one hour north of Hua Hin to hang out for the day, have lunch, and walk hand in hand along the beach, talking about anything and everything.

I know it isn't advisable to fall too quickly, but neither of us is getting any younger. I have a feeling this will be a whirlwind ride. After eight years alone, I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

Tonight after dinner, we went shopping. I bought Nada a poncho to take tomorrow, just in case it rains. The shopping experience was so much better having someone who speaks Thai with me, especially when dealing with customer service staff.

As we walked through the mall, I took Nada by the hand and it is hard to describe how amazing it felt. It's been so long since I held a girl's hand, and later when I walked her to her motorcycle, I kissed her on the cheek. Such small displays of affection...moments that most people would think nothing of, are to me, almost magical. Only someone denied skin-on-skin contact for an extended period could begin to understand what a simple gesture such as holding a girl's hand could mean.

I've waited a long time for Nada to come along. I hope she sees my heart for what it is, and recognises its potential and vulnerability. But no matter what, I'm determined to enjoy every moment with her like it's my last.

© Copyright 2024 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076479-The-Girl-Who-Fell-from-Heaven