*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076159-Sept-3--Sig-Others---WC---300
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1076159 added September 3, 2024 at 7:30am
Restrictions: None
Sept 3- Sig Others - W/C - 300
I've had a few significant others - both furry and non-furry. To be honest, I miss the furry ones more. My first signicant other came at the ripe old age of 16. That's been a "hot minute" ago (circa 1984 *FacePalm* ). Out of that 16 year ordeal came my first bankruptcy, and my 3 children (blessings, each of them; after giving me all of my gray hair *Laugh* ).

After 10 years alone, the 2nd "other" lasted 6 months - a very hard lesson learned. The 3rd was "comfortable" but there was never talk of marriage, and to be honest, it wasn't heart-breaking. I wonder what that says of me *Think* .

Now for the "furry" others:

I have had both cats and dogs. The dogs were my mom and dads, but the cats were mine. Shadow was the first; a sleek and solid black cat. Tanner "Tan Tan" was a multi-colored Maine Coon. I think I loved her the best - I was heartbroken to lose her.

My first memory of a dog was Tammy. She was a shepherd/snauzer mix. She was an outdoor dog, and lived with my family when we were growing up. Bandit was an Austrailian shepherd. It was entertaining to see her round up the kids when they were small. She was a "neighborhood" pet and everybody loved her. Yuba was a black and brown colored Doberman, and liked to scratch at the door to be let out, and scratch at the freezer to get ice cubes. Crazy dog. She didn't like a silent house, so mom and dad took to leaving the TV on for noise so she wouldn't destroy the pillows of the beds.
The last one I hung around and enjoyed was Jessie. She was a black pug. She always wanted to go for walks around the property, enjoyed being petted and loved her snacks. I have to admit that she was a bit "racist" as she only liked black pugs, and baby pugs. She never had any pups of her own, but would round up pups from my sister's pugs. She was quite comical. Her registered name was Jessica E. Fetcher, a take off of the main character from "Murder She Wrote".

Those are my memories of significant others. For Better or For Worse.

I now live with my two oldest children, we have no pets, as pet rent is ridiculously expensive. I do have fond memories, and one day maybe, I'll have a couple of cats again. Time will tell, I guess. Otherwise, memories will have to do.



Prompt 3. Sept 3.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2024 AmyJo- Have a lovely day! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- Have a lovely day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076159-Sept-3--Sig-Others---WC---300