*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
6
7
8
9
10
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075599-Im-Baaack
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1075599 added August 22, 2024 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Baaack!!!
Greetings and Salutations

I've been on hiatus for quite awhile, and I'm looking to get back into writing my blog. I've continued to journal in my absence, so my fingers are getting a daily workout. I'm not sure I know where to start so this is me diving in!

A lot has changed, and other things remain the same. We've lived in our house now for 7 years and at onetime I thought we would be through with fixing the place up. Bad assumption on my part, I should have known this is a never ending project that just goes on and on and on!

We are now starting to paint the 3 sheds we have and then we'll have the same people come in and do the inside of the house. Oh Fun! It is life, and I need to chill and relax because I'm not doing the painting. We have been fortunate to have squirreled away enough money to get this project done along with adding 10 more solar panels to our roof.

We still live in the High Desert of Southern California and it's Summer time, and we've been enjoying temperatures in 100's but our mornings have be wonderful and beautiful and in the 60's and low 70's. That makes for enjoyable walks with my dog Gracie in the mornings around 5:30am. We do not have sidewalks in this area so, Gracie and I walk in the street. We are fortunate not to have any high traffic streets, so most morning it's pretty quiet. We try to get minimum 2 miles in daily. Life is good and we will continue our walks God willing!

It feels good to sit and express myself to the world or who ever stumbles onto my post. It has been awhile and I'm feeling a little intimidated with putting my life back on paper. My journal is boring writing down what's happening today and yesterday but at least I'm writing so I should feel? Happy, Thankful, Bored, everything altogether.

We just finished lunch and we had Barbecued Chicken, my wife does all the cooking both inside and out. I help prepare the barbecue and light the fire, but when it comes to prepping the food and putting on the grill that's my wife. A wonderful woman and someone I'm very happy to call my wife! She does it all and I couldn't be more proud of all she does.

We have two animals, one cat Greta, who is a Sphinx (hairless) and one dog, Gracie who is Havanese, both are 9 years old and we got both of them as kitten/puppy so the've been together all along. The cat stays inside is very high maintenance she has to be washed bi-weekly and her ears must be cleaned every 3 or 4 days. She very vocal and certainly lets us know when she's up and when she's not happy. Needles to say both animals do not shed so we do not have all the problems that come with animal that do shed.

I guess I've covered a fair amount for my first time out or back. It does feel nice to writing about what I enjoy and get pleasure from. Hopefully more to follow!

Have a Wonderful Day and Remember
God Is Great















© Copyright 2024 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075599-Im-Baaack