*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074292-Target
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #2321760
A Wealthy Family find themselves the victims of extortion
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1074292 added July 22, 2024 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
Target
7:30PM Office of PD Sternwood Financial Services and Investments, Exchange Place New Jersey

Prudence wheezes as she reads the social media post for the umpteenth time on her work pc monitor. Her emotions a mix of annoyance, anger and fear. She taps her finger tips off her mahogany desktop.

"Who do you think it is, the McClures?" asks Arabelle standing to the left of her seated mother. Prudence's shoulders and neck muscles tighten at the mention of the name. Prudence raises her palms and forms two week fists "No!! if it was a pagan quote, I would say yes but I imagine they would burn if they entered a church!".

Prudence feels Arabelle rest her left hand on her right shoulder "Well Chief Kelly has promised Dad to look into it, why would someone do something like this?"

Prudence extends her left arm across to rest her palm on Arabelles "It could be someone that doesn't like me, it could be a disgruntled employee, it could be a disgruntled ex-employee, it could be a relative, it could be a neighbour, it could be jealousy or someone that saw me on the tv earlier in the week and thought I hate that fat cat banker so I'm going to try and scare her. It could be anyone.

Tanya knocks and enters the office dressed in a two piece charcoal grey suit ""Prudence!! IT have blocked that person and are trying to webchat with the company but it's proving difficult, Vicky has filed a complaint with the provider and also filed a police report".

"Don't forget to give me the police report reference!" demands Arabelle "so my father can give it to Chief Kelly!"

Tanya rolls her eyes to Heaven "OF course Arabelle!" her tone conveying annoyance "I am not forgetting from the three times you told me already"

Prudence adjusts her glasses on her nose and joins the tips of her fingers in a steeple position "well whoever done it will be found and will never do it again. I won't tolerate any member of this organisation getting abuse online. The author of this will regret the day they posted this!"

Holly Stewart sat in her office grinning at the online post.
© Copyright 2024 amateur40 (UN: amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amateur40 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074292-Target