*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072451-Hurrah
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1072451 added June 10, 2024 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
Hurrah!


Hallelujah! The long wait is over, at last! We now have that vehicle that started to be in our dreams in May of 2023. Over a year. Good grief the grief is over, the angst is ebbing.

Hubby drove it back from VA last week. Three days of non-stop driving. But he made it.

I had a play, community theater, so I didn't make the trip back to see the in-laws. But that's okay. No problem. With this hand, I would have a hard time on the plane and sitting in a car for 12 hours. Plus playing nice, nice to family.

The theater production went well. "Million Dollar Meatballs" was the show. Lots of silly fun. Not too many lines were missed. I actually wrote one on my arms. There is always one, that rotten one, that I cannot remember. The actors are an okay bunch. Not too much in common with them, but that's alright. We had pretty decent crowds. Hard to judge, since they haven't done this in 9 years. So next year we'll have a better idea of what to expect. Plus I didn't have to drive, I walked to the venue. Hurrah!

The car we have now is a 2013 Jeep - 4 door. Manual 6 speed transmission. The motor and transmission are completely rebuilt. The tires are new. The exhaust is new. The radiator is new. The front end has an animal catcher/winch installed, actually bolted to the frame, not the fender. We wanted a solid car, not the plastic, easily crumpled ones they build now. We will put up with lower gas mileage to get a safer vehicle. A Jeep saved my life once before in a crash. I like that it sits higher than a regular car. Easier to get in and out of.

So, now we can really get our life settled again. No more wondering and waiting when the blasted car will be finished.

Tomorrow I have an all-day focus group in Billings. They will pay $300 to people to sit in a hotel conference room and give your opinions. Hmm. I didn't have to think long about that offer. I'll have to let you know how this turns out. Perhaps get out the info so people can contact them. I mean, $300 is pretty good pay for a retired person for a day, and they buy breakfast and lunch.








© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072451-Hurrah