*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065951-E-3-Fivepence-for-One-Twopence-for-Two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2314828
Whatever happens, happens
#1065951 added March 9, 2024 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
E-3: Fivepence for One, Twopence for Two
According to the title, that's quite the bargain. *Laugh* By nature, I love a good deal, and I just bought some kids' clothes for the USA-residing Baby and Child on sale. It's actually quite difficult to think of something I'd pay full price for. *Laugh*

Thinking hard, and since a bunch of college app decisions came out today, I'd say I guess college is something someone can't get a discount on... If anything, history has proven people will pay inordinately more just to get their kids into college. *Laugh* Not to mention, year after year, it gets harder and harder to gain admittance into the college of your choice. However, this year seems especially true- a handful of the UC decisions came out today/the past few days and the results were brutal. The "lower ranked" UCs had such low acceptance rates, I was shocked! Someone told me they knew someone rejected from both UC Irvine and UC Davis, but accepted into USC. *Thinker*
Even those in the Hollywood industry, they know that things happen- interests change, opinions change, and so do situations. Some of the younger influencers I vaguely follow are going back to school, in person, because it seems that their parents, at the very least, have the right idea- knowledge is power and can never be taken away once it's in your brain. Even if the kids are going to study the arts, it's still something in the direction of self-betterment and either gaining or refining skills. Skills and knowledge are invaluable assets that are so difficult to take away. Furthermore, as a teacher/tutor/educator, if I didn't say education, that would be odd, no? *Laugh*
Annnd one final reason people pay full price for education- it goes full circle in a way. Private tutoring is a lucrative business and you can set whatever rates you want- there will always be a willing customer desperate enough to get their kid into private school or trying to get their kid at grade-level to pay your rates! With all the college panic happening in my area, I've told a family friend (her kid is in 11th grade, high-achieving) her son can always come tutor for me if things don't work out. *Rolling* I told that to the front desker this morning too. Next year may be time for me to expand my business. *Wink*

Prompt: What item would you be willing to pay full price for instead of getting the 'deal/sale' price? And why is that item so important to you?

© Copyright 2024 Dragon is hiding (UN: flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dragon is hiding has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065951-E-3-Fivepence-for-One-Twopence-for-Two