*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065207-B-1-Curiouser-and-Curiouser
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2314828
Whatever happens, happens
#1065207 added February 29, 2024 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
B-1 Curiouser and Curiouser
Let’s preface this curious occurrence with- I am a sucker for Instagram ads. I am their target audience because I click on everything that interests me. If they’re going to track my information, might as well make it work for me, right? *Ha* So, one day, I got an ad for a place called Shiloh, an underground tea house (think speakeasy but unlimited tea). “Underground teahouse” sounds exciting and interesting, let’s bring a friend along! So I did. One night in 2022, right around the tail end of social distancing and travel quarantining. We were careful to avoid others, but this being a beverage establishment, we forewent the masks. After our allocated time slot was up, we decided, the night’s still young. Let’s go get food. We found a local Raising Cane’s, told her boyfriend to meet us there, and chowed down our respective Thursday night dinners. We parted ways afterwards, with both of us going home, and I geared up for a long weekend of partying and trekking across LA/OC to find Delta Goodrem. I drove to my friend’s place in OC on Sunday, and we went over to the FivePoint Amphitheater to watch Delta open for Backstreet Boys. On Monday, I went to work, as usual, at the Bar Method desk. Then I took a Zoom class at the studio after my shift, feeling warm the entire time. Considering it was June, I thought nothing of it until I got home, settled down for the afternoon, and decided to take a rapid test. Sure enough, I was positive. However, so was the teahouse friend and her boyfriend! We backtracked our trip from Thursday night- where did it happen? Raising Cane’s was the only place we were all together. But there weren’t many people dining in at the late hour. Does Covid incubate and start spreading in the course of a few hours? That seems a little too fast, even for a worldwide pandemic. The boyfriend’s house, where we hung out before going for tea? Who knows. It still remains a mystery to today.

WC: 344
Stranger things have happened, so why not share the most curious thing that's ever happened to you. Alice would definitely empathize.

© Copyright 2024 Dragon is hiding (UN: flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dragon is hiding has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065207-B-1-Curiouser-and-Curiouser