*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056574-Day-2---PlotPremise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
#1056574 added October 2, 2023 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Day 2 - Plot:Premise
1) Setting. The main action takes place in and around the seaside town of Llandudno in Wales.

2) Protagonists - There are three protagonists

Jim

Jim is the eldest of the three, though not by much. A mild chap he is usually happy to let Dave make the decisions for the trio.

Jim's major flaw is that he is capricious, given to flights of fancy and sudden impulses.

He is currently bored with everything and feels trapped in his life and his job.

His goal is to make some major changes to his life so as to feel that it is worth living, though he is not sure what changes he should make.


Dave

Dave is the leader of the trio, who generally tries to keep them out of serious trouble. He is well meaning and thoughtful.

Flaws: Dave can be both stubborn and tactless at times. He sees himself as being plain speaking, but goes too far on occasion.

Dave has learned that he is dying, and is worried about his friends and his family. He wants to go out with a bang though. His goal is to live his remaining life to the fullest.


Richard

Richard is the youngest of the three. Like Jim he is usually happy to follow Dave's lead. He is troubled by his sexuality, and has the feeling that he is living a lie. He is perhaps already married and this is making his life even more difficult.

Flaws: He is a shy man and usually very awkward in any company other than his close friends. He is also rather gullible and is easily fooled, or led astray.

Goa: Richard desires to explore his inner inclinations, which he is very reluctant to even discuss. He wants to find true love with someone.

Conflicts

Some of the conflicts will arise as the three disagree as to what activities the should or shouldn't do.

Some will come from Jim and Dave as they come to terms with Richard's revelation, though neither of them will be particularly censorious once certain reassurances are given.

There will be conflict between the trio and the partner of Richard's love interest, and with members of the public as the group begin their bucket list activities.

Antagonists

The main antagonist will be the partner mentioned above.

Some of the trio's activities might result in the police being involved.
© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056574-Day-2---PlotPremise