*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056547-Day-1---What-If
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1056547 added October 2, 2023 at 5:51am
Restrictions: None
Day 1 - What If?
1st October 2023

What If?

Three men who are all fans of Jerome K. Jerome's 'Three Men In A Boat' decide to holiday together in Llandudno.

One of them has just learned that he is dying, and knows that this will be his last excursion with his friends.

Another of them is struggling with his sexuality.

The third is totally bored with his life and work.

They stay in a seafront hotel in a family room. When the dying man reveals his secret they vow firstly to make the most of their holiday, and then decide that he should make a bucket list, and they will all participate in making the wish list happen.

They go to see a Ladyboys show at the local social centre, where the man struggling with his sexuality falls for a transvestite in the audience. The transvestite is in a relationship already, but it is abusive and her partner is controlling and abusive.

This doesn't look much, but is the distilled effort of an evening trying to come up with enough of a plot to work with. Despite the theme it will be light in nature and comedic in parts.

The three men will probably take a boat trip, but this would be a short sea fishing trip.
© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056547-Day-1---What-If