*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051016-Our-World-United-in-Peace
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051016 added June 13, 2023 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
Our World United in Peace
Prompt: What if there were no wars, poverty, famine, global warning or any other ecological threats on earth but only peace? What would it be like and how would you like it?

-------

As far-fetched as this idea is, in a world with no wars. poverty, famine, and ecological threats and disasters, humanity--that is us--would experience a profound transformation. Therefore, it may be a good idea to explore the possibilities.

In such a utopian existence, especially without the devastating impact of wars, human societies would redirect their resources toward progress, development, and cooperation, with global collaboration flourishing. Instead of investing in wars and defense against the wars, governments would have more funds toward education, healthcare, infrastructure, and scientific research.

Then, the peace and the feeling of well-being by all would lead to a culture of understanding, empathy, and diplomacy, and resources would be distributed more equally and toward the betterment of societies and the preservation of the planet.

As people, we would also be more open-minded, embracing diversity, different traditions, languages, and customs. This would lead to more open borders and global unity.

Yet, the best would be for the children of the world who would grow up in an environment where violence is not a norm. This would reduce the trauma and fear they feel and they would be have more emotional intelligence, empathy, and a tendency to conflict resolution, should any conflict arise. This is because education plays a vital role in cultivating these values from a young age and fostering a generation of peace-conscious individuals.

In the past, the United Nations and the European Union have tried to prevent conflicts and wars with some success, but they weren't 100% able to instill and keep that ideal peace. Should such unions involve every society in the world, they might have been much more successful.

The way I look at it, a world without wars is not an unattainable dream. It is something we should pursue for its potential benefits with the shared aim of progress uniting us all.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051016-Our-World-United-in-Peace