*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044749-Cant-Rant-WC-437-Rated-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1044749 added February 13, 2023 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Can't Rant (WC 437 Rated E)
P10 Rant about annoying situations that keep happening

First of all, I don’t “RANT”, if you knew me half as much as you think you did, you’d know that. Secondly, even thinking that I’d fit into a category with people who rant is just wrong. Putting people into groups of like-minded or lack-of-minded people is one of my pet peeves. I strongly dislike how people label other people about anything; each person is unique, just like everyone else! It’s like saying certain people have an accent because they talk normally; you have the accent.

Now that I have that off my chest, let’s talk about what I would rant about if I did rant…

It’s no use, I just can’t do it. I am not a ranter and no matter how much I try, I’m not going to be able to rant about anything. It’s like trying to read or write on the weekends when the kids are home, as soon as I get started, they show up and interrupt and distract me. I can sit and do basically nothing, entertain myself with some no-brain-activity required game or something and I don’t see them for hours, but pick up a book, my Kindle, or try and write, and “POOF” they appear out of thin air asking, telling, or needing something.

About the closest I can come to ranting about something is this:

Sandals and socks! I see people wearing sandals with socks on and it drives me nuts. Why put socks on if you’re wearing sandals? The idea of sandals is to be open and let air get to your feet, so putting socks on kind of defeats (pun not intended) the purpose. But, that’s not bad enough. No, not only do you drive me bonkers by putting socks on with sandals, but then you turn around and put your damn shoes on without any socks. Why? It makes no sense! I genuinely believe all the way to my very core, it’s done just to pet my peeves.

And, as if that wasn’t bad enough, there are those people (always the dreaded those) who not only wear socks with sandals, shoes with no socks, but flip-flops with socks… Yes, it is true, I have seen with great despair to my very soul, those people who have on socks and flip-flops. The very thought of that thing wedging a sock deep between the toes is enough to make me cringe and fill me with a burning, unquenchable desire to run my fingers between my toes.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044749-Cant-Rant-WC-437-Rated-E