*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043562-Edumicated-or-Unedumicated-WC-282-Rated-E-for-enybody
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1043562 added January 23, 2023 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Edumicated or Unedumicated (WC 282 Rated E for enybody)
What’s not important to teach kids? Yes, they need to learn about healthy lifestyles and finance, but they also need to learn history (how can they know where they’re going if they don’t know where they’ve been?) Civics is also important; if we want them to be good citizens they should understand the rights and duties of citizenship. A side note: Look at the issues we are facing currently. Does this not reflect the lack of understanding of civics? Science and math are needed if we are going to continue to advance, and finally, I would also add ethics as a required study.

This may be a tad off-topic, but the question asks which is more important to teach, healthy lifestyles and finance or… sciences /maths? How the hell would you teach healthy lifestyles without science? How are you going to teach finance without any math? Did Andre write this question? The last time I was at the bar, I paid for my bar tab with a bunch of bananas and some pistachios, so maybe someone should edit his questions; just saying.

Anyway, back to the question of who should determine what gets taught. I feel this is best determined by the school board, based on public input. However, I also feel that all schools need to teach similar courses so that our kid’s education is unified no matter where they live.

To conclude this item, I want to mention that it is also important to teach Andre to use a glass when he wants a drink of beer, I’m tired of seeing him drink directly from the tap.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043562-Edumicated-or-Unedumicated-WC-282-Rated-E-for-enybody