*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039660-Starting-On-My-Goals---In-Prep-for-NaNoWriMo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1039660 added October 24, 2022 at 7:39pm
Restrictions: None
Starting On My Goals - In Prep for NaNoWriMo
Welp, this month has just flown by. I got to see a couple of creepy Halloween videos and reactions to Lauren Paley (The Stairwell Siren) singing Hide and Seek with both VoicePlay and the Bass Gang! Same song, but NOT the same videos...they were both fantastic!

On the computer (that my daughter has pretty much given me) I play a few games, such as the vintage Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe Edition...talk about a blast from the past! I also play a couple of newer games, such as Life, Bejeweled, Chuzzle, Zuma, and sometimes I will go on scavenger hunts with hidden object games that my daughter left on the computer. Right now, I am conquering Township; and on my phone I play DragonVale. I know, I am a nerd...LOL.

My daughter made a chicken chili with bowtie pasta. It was a combo chili/soup and was very good. The weather outside is rainy and a little chilly, so this tasted really good today. I'm off and on again on WdC today, and I have gotten quite a few trinkets over the past couple of weeks. My collection has really grown! I made my 2nd trinket, and once I go back to work, I plan on being able to do more about getting even more gps. I also have an outline for a contest made up. I'm up to 120 items in my portfolio, a few images, a cool signature that Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃 put my name on. Love it! I don't know how to do that yet, but it's on my "honey, learn" list. I'm also up to 60 in Community Recognition, with 54 Merit Badges. I'm up to 278 reviews and a couple of product reviews. I've obviously have spent some time on this site, and it is my home away from home, if that makes sense.

I just added my weekly goals into the forum, and one of the goals this week is to do some practice writing, so that the 1700 words a day doesn't freak me out more than it already does. I guess I will find out if I have 1700 words a day to put to computer screen. Right now, I'm not so sure - but since it'll be after the holidays before I can go back to work, what better way to spend that time, than to do some writing? I'm also looking online for ideas about character arcs, plots and what not. Whether it translates into anything, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I also don't know how long it will take to write that many words, and I still enjoy doing Writer's Cramp and Writing 4 Kids, and other contests/activities. I also enjoy the Question of the day, and the blogging for Take up Your Cross. There really is no limit to what you can do here, unless you are limited by your imagination.

This is probably the most I've written on one page, since starting the blogging folder. There is a lot that I'd like to do. One day, when I grow up; I would eventually like to be a Moderator. I know that I have to have patience, and that if it is meant to be that it will happen. I've only been here a few months, so I am still learning all of the "how to"s and the ins and outs of the site - not sure that I will ever be completely done doing that.

I want to learn how to give helpful reviews. I already give "atta boy/girl" reviews; but I would love to be able to actually give good suggestions. Some work I read, I just am blown away and cannot do anything but an "atta-boy/girl" it. Others, I ask questions on their motivations for writing; whether it be for a contest, personal experience, or what-have-you. I do a lot of reading, and have come up with a few templates in order to help with the different groups that I review for.

After I finish with this writing, I have a Challenge that I have to put in: Task 4 in the GHA forum. A Halloween story that is set in a pumpkin patch. Anybody else having a "Great Pumpkin" vibe going on? (That is from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!) for those who didn't catch my pun.

Just checking; right now the above work is about 772 words - not quite half of what I need. Oh, boy! November will either cure me, or kill me *FacePalm*


** Image ID #2283465 Unavailable **
AmyJo

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo-"ber" months are here! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo-"ber" months are here! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039660-Starting-On-My-Goals---In-Prep-for-NaNoWriMo