*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029742-Day-3s-Entry-32922
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1029742 added March 30, 2022 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3's Entry (3/29/22)
Today's blog challenge is to write: A (your choice) proverb describing these days of your own.
You may be inspired to write about folklore in addition to your proverb or instead of a proverb.
Have fun with the borrowed time.


Proverbs like:
"March borrowit from April
Three days, and they were ill:
The first was frost, the second was snaw [snow],
The third was cauld [cold] as ever’t could blaw [blow]."

and "In like a lion, out like a lamb/In like a lamb, out like a lion"

have no bearing on the weather in Texas. Here, things are a little more unpredictable. Weather forecasts seldom actually predict what is going to happen in Texas. The best (and only) way to describe Texas weather is...

"If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes."

OR

"In Texas, even the weather says, 'Hold my beer and watch this shit!'"

Things are a little more interesting where I live. We are subject to this strange phenomenon where poor weather will split and go around the city. Old tales say that a coven of witches had set up a protective circle around the town to protect the town from bad weather and evil spirits. This supposed circle is where the city built the loop that goes around the city today. Whatever is really the case (probably some magnetic thing or something to do with the elevation of the city), storms do actually split and go around the city most of the time. We have had a few tornadoes over the years, and some great (for east Texas) snowstorms, but nothing to write home to Mom about.





green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029742-Day-3s-Entry-32922