*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027741-Melodious-Monkey
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1027741 added March 2, 2022 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
Melodious Monk(ey)
Andre is a very accomplished musician.
1.) What instrument does Andre play, why, and with who has he performed?


         Andre is a multi-instrumental virtuoso, able to play stringed, percussion, and wind instruments. He is quite skilled with the ukulele, cowbell, triangle, harmonica, hand drums, tuba, and flute, but he is absolutely ingenious with both the kazoo and the jug. If you're lucky, you might even be at the Banana Bar when Andre gets on stage for a drunken jam session.

         Andre comes from a long line of gifted primates, in fact, it was his mother who first introduced him to music. He started out playing the cowbell and soon, his interest in music blossomed into rhapsody for a raucous refrain. The list of instruments he could play increased by leaps and bounds. It was during this time that Andre discovered the kazoo. He was delighted at the sounds he created on that first time he blew through the small oddly shaped plastic instrument. He tooted his horn so much in fact that all of his friends and family considered stuffing cotton in their ears! He even joined an All-Kazoo band and soon after was awarded first chair.

         The kazoo is cool and all, but no bands were looking for kazoo players, so Andre decided to strengthen his skills in percussion. Playing the hand drum, he shared the stage with stars like Bob Marley  , bands like The Grateful Dead   and Phish  . After the set one particularly successful night, Andre was sitting around the bonfire just drinking and chilling with the guys. He had been drinking on a gallon jug of vodka when an impromptu jam began. Playing the hand drums can be a thirst inducing activity. Andre reached down to grab a swig and discovered the jug was empty. When he sighed, the most heavenly music emanated from the jug. Eureka! A new instrument! Being a quick study, Andre learned that jug lickety-split. Soon, word got out and the Finnish band Steve 'n' Seagulls   invited Andre to play a few stops on their tour with them. It was only after playing a few sets with Steve 'n' Seagulls that Andre saw the potential of the squeeze box. So now, Andre is braving new vines and has set his mind on teaching himself to play the accordion...


W/C - 388

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027741-Melodious-Monkey