*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027544-Breakfast-Rhapsody
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2257228
Tales from real life
#1027544 added March 22, 2022 at 2:42pm
Restrictions: None
Breakfast Rhapsody

I’ll make a little omeletto in a pan,
scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs,
slice a piece of juicy mango.
Toast with jam and coffee
whipped with cream so frothy, yum!

(Yummy yummy)
hungry tummy,
( Yummy yummy)
hungry tummy, in my tummy it must go, I love it so!



Anyone can make scrambled eggs, even me. I mean, the recipe is right there in the name, like hot dogs or grilled cheese sandwich. If you can say it, then you already know what to do. In my case, I sauté some peppers and onion in olive oil for a few minutes and then stir in the eggs with a dash of garlic powder and some salt. When they're no longer runny, I remove the heat and sprinkle shredded mexican cheese mix on top. I make toast while it's resting, and then serve it to my wife on a warm plate.

This comes up because last night I offered to make breakfast and then sort of overslept. Deb was waiting grimly at the kitchen table. She wasn't going to let me weasel out on my promise. The kitchen TV was tuned to an old Jacques Pépin cooking show, and I couldn't help but wonder if that was supposed to be an inspiration or a comment on my lack of culinary skill. For once, it went well and I am happy to report that the state of the union is domestic bliss.


© Copyright 2022 Words Whirling 'Round (UN: tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Words Whirling 'Round has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027544-Breakfast-Rhapsody