*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024091-New-Year-Same-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1024091 added January 3, 2022 at 8:02pm
Restrictions: None
New Year, Same Me?
Jan. 1, 2022


Prompt: "Write a personal review of 2021. Tell us about your hopes and expectations for 2022. Write at least one new year's resolution."

My personal review of 2021. That's a hard one. So many ups and downs, triumphs and struggles. I have to say, it was better than 2020 but that isn't saying much at all. 2021 was going good enough until those dreaded last couple of months. Holidays are always hard but this year it just seemed like I kept on taking hit after hit as the year beat me down. Yet, humble me it did not. Like I said, there were ups to go along with the downs. I found out toward the end of 2021 that I am going to be a grandmother. I think I am getting used to that idea. My oldest (the one who is preggers) and I have a closer relationship now than we did for at least the five years before. I have seen both my girls further their lives and both are happier because of it. My relationship with the hubby is stronger now than at least 19 of the 20 years leading up to 2021. So, maybe my financial situation leaves a lot to be desired. And maybe my health and mental stability were all over the place, but they're both works in progress - truth be told, I am a work in progress. But I got a job at the end of the year to help out with the financial side of things.

I expect 2022 to continue on as normal. Just because a new year has arrived doesn't mean I magically don't have the same old problems any longer. In fact, a new year means additional problems. With the rollover of the year, insurance plans start over again. That means I have to start over on my total out of pocket expenses on my medical insurance. More stress on an already financially stressed household. But we'll get through it somehow. We always do.

I hope to write more this year. I hope to finally get on Disability so I don't have to force myself to work through excruciating pain daily. I hope to be the best darned grandma that I know how to be (and the bar is set high on this one because my grandmothers and my Mom are/were some of the absolute best). And I hope to get to go camping and fishing more this year. With the camping equipment my in-laws gifted us for Christmas, we now have fewer excuses to keep us from doing so.

Happy New Year everyone.

My resolution for the New Year is to LIVE. Not just survive, but to enjoy life and find meaning in even the smallest of moments. AND HAVE FUN while doing it.

Word Count: 468

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024091-New-Year-Same-Me