*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868920-Unfortunate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1868920
A story depicting the lives of unfortunate unlucky children.


Johnny.



I sat in my room with Caleb and Landon, I could hear my mom and dad arguing. Arguing about the bills, the dogs, my school, why my mom looked at my dad or vice versa. Only I could tell that they were arguing, Landon and Caleb kept talking, about girls, games, food. I heard my mother's familiar dismissive sigh and a door shut.
"Don't you think man?" Caleb asked nudging me.
"Hmm?"
"That new chick, Cassidy. She's pretty hot, eh?"
"Oh yeah, yeah she is."
"Think I might go after her." I nodded, not really caring who he went after.
"Dude, you go after everyone." Landon chuckled.
"Shut up.." Footsteps were coming up the stairs and my door swung open.
"Time to go boys." My mom said standing in the doorway.
"Alright, bye Liz! Bye Johnny." They shut my door and my mom came and sat down beside me on the couch.
"What's up mom..?"
"You and I, we're going to stay at my sister's for a while, alright?"
"Kay, why..?"
"You're dad's having some friends over. Hurry up and pack, we need to go." She hopped up and walked out of the room quickly. I started packing. I hated my dad's friends almost as much as I hated my dad. When he had his friends over they drank and partied and did other darker things behind closed doors. I barley had time to finish packing my bags before my mom burst in the door.
"We need to go now."
"I need my toothbrush."
"Hurry!" I nodded and sprinted out of my room and down the hall. David my dad's friend was sitting on my parents bed looking through the bedside table drawer. He pulled out a tiny sparkly black box. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste from the bathroom cupboard and went back to my room. David was gone. My mom grabbed my things and shoved them in my bag. She had her own bags in her hands, she shoved past me and out my door then down the stairs. I followed close behind. My dad and his friends were crowded around the table laughing and drinking beer. Nasty.
"Hey honey, hey kid, where ya goin?"
"To my sister's, love you, bye." She started walking but my dad stopped her again.
"Hmm, alright. Can you get me a beer first?"
"Uh, sure." She spun around and dropped her bag, knocking the tiny box to the floor. White powder went flying. What the fuck?
"Why would you do that?!" he launched himself off the couch and towards her, she cringed into the wall.
"I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to! Please!" He made a face then wound up and slapped her across the face. She cried out and fell on the floor. What the fuck!!!!!!!! Why would he do that?!?! She tried crawling away, he grabbed her hair and lifted her up, tears were streaming down her face, and she kept pleading for him to stop. He threw hard against the floor again.
"Fuck you, you piece of shit!" I screamed, then flew at him, landing on his back, I hit him as hard as I could. He was getting angrier and angrier, and his face kept getting red-er and red-er. He grabbed me by the hair this time and ripped me off of him. He threw me across the room, I hit the wall and slid down. "Fuck you." I mumbled under my breath. He heard. he ran over and kicked me in the stomach. The front door swung open, Landon and Caleb were standing in the doorway smiling.
"Sorry forgot my- what the fuck!!" Landon ran at my dad, Caleb jumped on him, he shook them off and went for my mom again.
"Matthew! Matthew please, stop!" My mom was screaming at him as he got closer. I got in his way again and she scrambled up grabbed the keys and raced out of the house.
"Get out of the way you little shit."
"No."
"Boys! Come on!" My mom was standing in the doorway, completely composed, hard as rock.
© Copyright 2012 Nessa Anne Smith (tapebudies2010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868920-Unfortunate