*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681917-Concert-Part-1
by Paige
Rated: · Other · Other · #1681917
Me and My gang got the butterflies today... But not for long....
On Monday we had practiced forever!! Making sure our sound was good and since that mirical happened we sounded fanstasic, also making sure that my dance moves were on, and making sure we had our costumes ready to go on.
"Alright girls, huddle up." I said, we had been told that we were 10th so we were the last ones to go on. We all huddled up like football players. "Ok Rascal Flatts today is the big day. We are last but dont let that worry you, they wanted to save the best for last. If we dont make it well then we tried and that was the important thing and that we are going to have fun. So we have approcimently 1/2 an hour before we go on Im not sure how long all the songs are but i think maybe at least 3 minutes. Does anyone want to practice any songs?" I asked. They all shook their heads no.
"Hey lets make sure that our mirical is still with us. Paige sing something." Mickey demanded i did as i was told and sang part of our first song. I still got it. "Alright Sophie play something," she did and she still had it. "Hannah your turn." She had it. And so did Mickey we all still had it.
Half and hour had passed quicky and Splashing Dolphins went on before us. "Girls let us pray." I said gettig everyone in a circle. "Lord Jesus we want to thank you for our gifts and we want to thank you for the miricals that were put apon us this week." I said.
"And Lord we want to thank you for giving us the gift of music in our lives. We could have never of done it without you." Sophie added.
"Jesus we want to thank you for the great friends that we have and the great lives we live. Even though it might not seem good now for some of us, but we all know it is going to turn out good in the end." Mickey added on.
"And lastly Lord we just want to thank you for lettin us be here today. In your name we pray Amen." Hannah finished. "Amen" we all said in unison.
"Alright girls it is our turn our time to shine." I said as Splashin Dolphins came off the stage.
"Good luck girls you are going to need it." Jesse said laughing as he walked by us.
"Come on girls lets get out there and do what we do best." I said. They all smiled and we headed on the stage.
"Hello girls and you all must be?" Simon asked.
"We are Rascal Flatts here to represent Rocky Road middle school." I said.
"What an adorable accent you have." Simon said. I smiled. "Alright girls whenever your ready." He said.
"I dont wanna spend another lonely night ooooooooo." I started to sing with my band mates and Sophie started to play her guitar. "I got the lights turned up the door is locked the bedroom tv's on...... Doin the only thing that get me through the night since you've been gone..... Prayin for daylight waiting for that morning sun, so i can act like my whole life aint goin wrong, Baby come back to me i swear i'll make it write dont make me spend another lonley night prayin for daylight." I sang. Pretty soon we had the audience up on their feet clappin and shouting. I felt good and just kept right on singin. Once our song was over we went backstage and put our stuff away pretty soon we were all line up back on stage to hear what the judges said about us.
I thought most of the bands were amazing and very talented.
"Alright now to Rascal Flatts." Randy said. 'Oh boy here we go.' i said to myself.
"Michael?" Simon asked.
"OH girls i thought you were just amazing and im not just sayin that either you have talent. Use it own it love it. You were truley wonderful." Michael said smiling. My whole band smiled but we were quiet.
"Randy." Simon said.
"Girls wow is all i can say i loved it, im not a big country fan but you kicked it dog i mean REALLY owned your preformances. Amazin." He said. Our smiles became bigger but now it was Simon's turn. I was afraid at this moment i was sweezing My band mates hands so hard that i thought they would get their curcluation cut off.
"Well girls, your preformance was one of the best we had. The lead singer, yes you could have done a bit more with your preformance instead of just standing around most of the time. But other then that you sounded really good. I loved it." he said smiling at us. We screamed!!!!
"Ok the bands who didnt make it to the next round we are very sorry, you all did a wonderful jobs and the 2 bands leaving round one will be... Target Heart, and Jumpin Shrimp. Im so very sorry you all were really wonderful." Simon said. "Alright we will see the next band up which is Black Heart." Randy said as we all left the stage including the next band up they had to get their instruments out.
Once we all got back to the back room we changed into our next costume, screamin and oh so happy we were that we made it to round two.
"Alright so i know what i have to change i need to move around a bit more. Im a pretty good dancer so ill try to do something." I said.
"Yeah thats alright but Paige we MADE it to the second round and most of the bands out there were AMAZING!!!" Mickey said smiling.
"Yeah Yeah we did." Hannah said.
"Well girls round one complete 4 more to go." I said. We all hugged and thanked the lord once more for what he had done.

Soon enough round two came around at it was again our turn. This time we did our song called Life is A Highway and i danced a little more in this one we still got amazing reviews from the judges and soon we were to round 3 the 4 then it was just us and Splashing Dolphins left. This was going to be a compition all right.
© Copyright 2010 Paige (mjj13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681917-Concert-Part-1