*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478430-Episode-One-The-Aftermath--Part-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1478430
A drama series, the aftermath of Hurricane Josephine.
Twisted Fate 1.01: The Aftermath

113, 54th street Miami, Florida. 9.00AM

A small, pointed beam of light pored through an opening somewhere above Lena Barrow. She tried to inhale, but ash and debris filled her lung making her choke. She managed to free one hand from underneath the rubble she was buried beneath and cover her mouth. She lifted her hand only far enough to scream out. “Brenna?” She called out to her twin sister with no answer, “Kayla? Emma? John? Anyone there?” She called to her friends, but no one called back. Panic started to take over.

“Calm down,” She breathed to keep herself from panicking. She managed to free her other hand and then wiggled her way out. She had to find the others. She had to make sure that they were okay. “Brenda? Kayla! Em?” She called out their names as she sifted unsteadily through the remains of her destroyed home. Suddenly her foot connected with something that didn’t belong with the house.

“Emma!” Lena cried, letting out a sigh of relief as she bent down beside the small figure lying on the ground. Emma Bloton’s face was pale, too pale. Her eyes were closed and blood trickled from her pale rose red lips. Lena began digging through the rubble until she freed her best friend. The few minutes that it took to free her seemed like eternity. Finally, Lena pulled Emma into her arms. She was cold, so cold. And lifeless.

“Emma! Emma wake up!” She shook the girl slightly, “Pulse,’ She thought out loud, “Pulse, need to check pulse.” She grabbed for Emma’s wrist, checking the girls heartbeat. Nothing. But no, that wasn’t right! Emma wasn’t dead, Lena moved to Emma’s throat instead. Nothing. Lena felt as if she been smacked in the face. No, it wasn’t possible. Emy couldn’t be dead. How many others? She wondered, cleaning to the body. How many others were dead?

To be continued...
© Copyright 2008 savetonight (magicalmoments at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478430-Episode-One-The-Aftermath--Part-One