*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2322678-The-Boy-Who-Couldnt-Stop-Growing/cid/ZDK8NMZGN-Brady-wakes-up-four-inches-taller
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Fantasy · #2322678
A teenage boy starts a never-ending growth spurt.
This choice: Brody wakes up four inches taller.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Brady wakes up four inches taller.

    by: rpdr fan


The morning sun filtered through Brady's window, casting a warm glow across his room. As Brady stirred awake, he stretched his arms above his head, his movements suddenly feeling different. Something wasn’t quite right. His fingers brushed against the ceiling, and he froze, eyes widening in disbelief.

Slowly, cautiously, Brady sat up in bed, his heart pounding with a mix of excitement and trepidation. Could it be true? Had his wish actually been granted?

Throwing off his covers, Brady swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. He felt different—taller, stronger, as if overnight he had grown into a new version of himself. With trembling hands, he rushed to the full-length mirror that leaned against his bedroom wall.

Staring back at him was a reflection that seemed both familiar and utterly transformed. Brady blinked, unable to believe what he saw. He was taller—four inches taller, to be exact. Where once he had stood at 5’4”, now he measured a solid 5’8”. It wasn’t the towering height of his brother, but it was a significant change, enough to make Brady feel like he was seeing the world from a new perspective.

A grin spread across his face, pure joy bubbling up from within. He turned this way and that, examining himself from every angle. His clothes hung differently on his frame, his arms and legs feeling longer and more powerful. It was a sensation he had never experienced before, and it filled him with a newfound confidence.

Brady’s mind raced with possibilities. No more teasing about being short. No more struggling to reach things on high shelves. Maybe now he could even dunk a basketball like Jake had effortlessly done. The thought made him laugh out loud, a sound of pure elation that echoed through his room.

Downstairs, the smell of breakfast wafted up from the kitchen, and Brady hurried to get dressed, eager to share his incredible news with his family. As he descended the stairs, his taller stature seemed to catch everyone by surprise.

Mrs. Thompson looked up from the stove, her eyes widening in amazement. "Brady, did you grow overnight?"

Brady nodded enthusiastically, unable to contain his excitement. "Yeah, Mom! I woke up and—I’m taller! Can you believe it?"

Mr. Thompson chuckled, setting down his coffee mug to give Brady a playful punch on the shoulder. "Looks like you finally caught up, kiddo. About time."

Jake, leaning against the kitchen counter with a smirk, raised an eyebrow. "Not bad, little bro. You might even have a shot at making the basketball team now."

Brady grinned, feeling a surge of gratitude for his family’s support. They had always believed in him, even when he struggled to believe in himself. Now, with this unexpected gift of height, Brady felt like he could take on the world.

Over breakfast, the conversation buzzed with excitement as Brady recounted the strange and wonderful experience of waking up taller. His family listened with rapt attention, sharing in his joy and marveling at the mystery of it all.

As the morning unfolded, Brady couldn’t help but wonder: What else was possible now that he had been granted this unexpected wish? Little did he know, this newfound height was just the beginning of a journey that would lead him to discover more about himself and the world around him than he had ever imagined.

Brady strode through the school hallways with a newfound confidence, his head held high and a smile playing on his lips. The whispers and stares that had once plagued him seemed to fade into the background as he passed groups of students chatting between classes.

"Hey, Brady, did you grow or something?" one of his classmates called out, their tone a mix of surprise and curiosity.

Brady chuckled, feeling a surge of pride. "Yeah, I guess I hit a growth spurt."

As he navigated through the morning classes, Brady noticed how different everything felt from his slightly taller vantage point. He no longer had to crane his neck to see the whiteboard or struggle to reach the top shelf in his locker. Even the teasing from the usual bullies seemed to lose its sting as Brady met their remarks with a newfound confidence.

At lunchtime, Brady joined his friends at their usual table in the cafeteria. They greeted him with wide eyes and excited chatter, marveling at the noticeable change in his height.

"Dude, you’re like a different person!" his friend Alex exclaimed, nudging Brady playfully.

Brady grinned, soaking in the praise. "Feels pretty good, I won’t lie."

The rest of the day passed in a blur of classes and conversations, each moment tinged with the thrill of his transformation. By the time the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, Brady felt like he had conquered a mountain.

As he walked home, the late afternoon sun casting long shadows across the pavement, Brady reflected on how much had changed in just one day. His wish for height had been granted in ways he never expected, transforming not just his physical stature but also his confidence and outlook on life.

Entering the familiar comfort of his home, Brady found himself looking forward to sharing his day with his family. They gathered around the dinner table, Mrs. Thompson serving up a hearty meal as they listened to Brady recount the highlights of his day at school.

"You should’ve seen the looks on everyone’s faces," Brady said with a grin, recounting his encounters with friends and classmates.

Mr. Thompson nodded approvingly, a proud gleam in his eyes. "You’ve always had it in you, Brady. Sometimes all it takes is a little change to bring out your best."

Jake, leaning back in his chair with a smirk, raised an eyebrow. "Guess you’re not the runt anymore, huh?"

Brady laughed, feeling a warmth spread through him. For the first time in a long while, he felt like he truly belonged, not just in his family’s eyes but also in his own.

As the evening wore on, Brady helped clear the dishes before retreating to his room. He stood before the mirror once more, taking in the reflection of the taller, more confident version of himself. It was a sight that filled him with pride and gratitude.

Climbing into bed, Brady felt a sense of contentment wash over him. He closed his eyes, replaying the events of the day in his mind, savoring the feeling of acceptance and admiration from his peers. The world seemed brighter somehow, full of possibilities that stretched out before him like an open road.

With a sigh of contentment, Brady drifted off to sleep, his dreams filled with visions of a future where he stood tall, both literally and figuratively. Little did he know, this journey of self-discovery was only just beginning, and each day would bring new challenges and triumphs that would shape him into the person he was meant to become.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Brody woke up the same height.

2. Brody woke up six inches taller.

*Noteb*
3. Brody became a giant in his sleep.

*Noteb*
4. Brody started aging.

*Noteb*
5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rpdr fan (UN: royalroyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2322678-The-Boy-Who-Couldnt-Stop-Growing/cid/ZDK8NMZGN-Brady-wakes-up-four-inches-taller