*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Lila isn't buying it.
  2. The Magic Show Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320603-Magic-Show-Transformations/cid/TJ5PBCYDT-Lila-isnt-buying-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2320603
People are transforming at a magic show.
This choice: A mean teenage girl starts heckling him.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Lila isn't buying it.

    by: rpdr fan
The atmosphere in the theater was electric, the air thick with the lingering excitement of the Great Elowen's opening act. The audience was entranced, leaning forward in their seats, eager for what was to come next. Among them, a group of teenagers sat huddled together, their whispers and giggles occasionally breaking the spell of silence that had fallen over the crowd.

In the middle of this group was Lila, a fifteen-year-old with a sharp tongue and a rebellious streak. She had come to the show reluctantly, dragged along by her friends who were enthralled by the promise of magic and mystery. Lila, however, was a skeptic. She leaned back in her seat, arms crossed, a smirk playing on her lips.

As the Great Elowen began his next illusion, a delicate rose appearing from the palm of his hand, Lila couldn't hold back any longer. "Oh, please," she muttered loudly enough for those around her to hear. "It's just a bunch of tricks and mirrors. This guy's a total fraud."

Her friends hushed her, casting nervous glances around, but Lila was undeterred. "Seriously, you guys believe this? It's all fake," she continued, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Elowen paused, his hand mid-air, the rose hovering as if suspended by an unseen force. His eyes, sharp and piercing, scanned the audience, locking onto Lila. The spotlight shifted, illuminating her in her seat. The room fell into an uneasy silence.

"Ah, we have a skeptic among us," Elowen's voice was calm, yet there was an edge to it. He stepped closer to the edge of the stage, his gaze fixed on Lila. "Young lady, perhaps you would care to join me on stage?"

Lila's friends nudged her, but she scoffed. "No thanks, I'm good right here."

Elowen's smile didn't waver. "Nonsense. A skeptic should have the chance to see the magic up close. Come, I insist."

Reluctantly, Lila stood up, the audience watching her every move. She walked towards the stage with a mixture of defiance and curiosity. Elowen extended his hand, helping her up the steps.

"Tell me your name," he said, his voice gentle.

"Lila," she replied, trying to sound unimpressed.

"Well, Lila," Elowen said, turning to the audience. "Our friend here thinks that magic is merely a trick. What do you say we show her something truly extraordinary?"

The audience murmured in anticipation. Elowen took a step back, raising his arms. "Lila, do you believe in real magic?"

She shook her head, smirking. "Not a chance."

Elowen's eyes darkened, and his voice dropped to a whisper that seemed to echo through the theater. "Then let me show you something you've never seen before."

With a dramatic flourish, he waved his hand, and the theater lights dimmed. A cold wind swept through the room, causing the chandeliers to sway and the audience to shiver. Shadows danced on the walls, and the air crackled with an eerie energy.

Lila's smirk faltered as she felt a strange sensation creeping over her. Elowen stepped closer, his eyes locked onto hers. "Prepare yourself, Lila," he intoned, "for you are about to witness real magic."

The stage seemed to warp and twist, the boundaries between reality and illusion blurring. The last thing Lila saw before the darkness enveloped her was Elowen's enigmatic smile, promising wonders—or perhaps terrors—beyond her wildest imagination.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rpdr fan (UN: royalroyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320603-Magic-Show-Transformations/cid/TJ5PBCYDT-Lila-isnt-buying-it