*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Gemma
  2. Character Select
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2299078-Dragon-Quest-Clothes-Swaps/cid/3476964-Gemma
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2299078
A series of fun Dragon Quest clothes swaps!
This choice: Gemma  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Gemma

    by: LoveRhombus
It was another quiet day in the village. Actually, "quiet" wasn't quite the word. "Silent" was more like it. So silent Gemma could hear the rustle of the tiniest leaf swaying in the wind. She sighed.

By all accounts, the silence should have been absurd. After all, there were so many chores to do, and the laundry she was hanging up now was only one of a dozen tasks that needed to be completed throughout the day. Nonetheless, the day felt quiet, and Gemma knew exactly why; somebody was missing.

Every hour, Gemma could hardly stop herself from recalling the memories of this person. Every memory from playing together as children to that fateful day they ascended the mountain to complete the rite, forced its way into her mind no matter how she tried to block it.

Who was she kidding? She missed him...

She missed him so much she swore she could hear his footsteps walking up the--Wait a minute...

"You're back!"

She ran up and hugged Luminary with all of her might.

"Hahaha. Wow! Nice to...see you again too, hahaha."

Gemma smiled as well.

"You seem so shocked. How were you expecting me to react?"

Luminary blushed.

"I guess it's been a while, huh..."

He really could not think of an appropriate response.

"A while?!"

She was on the verge of tears.

"Try ages! When was the last time you even came back?"

Luminary blushed, once again having no good response. Still, he couldn't just sit there. A defense was needed.

"Look, I'm sorry okay? Being the Luminary is a big responsibility that consumes a lot of my time."

"Enough time to never get to see me?!"

"You could always visit me, you know! What? Is housework too hard?"

"I'll have you know my day is packed! I have ten other chores to do after this!"

"You try getting slashed by swords, wacked with clubs, burned by fire or struck by lightning”

Gemma paused. She shuddered, recalling the first time she and Luminary had encountered a slime. That cold, vague grin...what dastardly intentions could it be hiding?! And that was only the first! What other sorts of vile creatures could be out there waiting to get her? There could even be walking cucumbers with spears!

No! Out of the question! There was no way she was going to--Luminary was still smirking...

"You know what, smartie?! Maybe I'll just take you up on that!"

No way. Was she actually going through with this? Luminary thought he was just being cocky, but now she's actually serious?!

No. It can't happen. There's too much at stake! What would the party think? And what if she screwed up? Would the world be doomed?! No. Absolutely not. It's too dangerous, irresponsible, and--Gemma began smirking...

"You know what?! Fine! I'll do it just to prove you wrong! Let's trade places. From here on, you're me and I'm you."

"By all means. After you."

Gemma opens the door to her cottage, where the two step inside and begin to exchange clothing.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Gemma struggles to dress

*Noteb*
2. Luminary struggles

*Noteb*
3. They both struggle

4. Gemma suggests getting powers first

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 LoveRhombus (UN: loverhombus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LoveRhombus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2299078-Dragon-Quest-Clothes-Swaps/cid/3476964-Gemma