*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Go into the woods
  2. Quest begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972409-Sethryans-Journey-of-Transformations/cid/1731050-Go-into-the-woods
by tyrak
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1972409
In a time of magic and barbarians, a would-be warrior finds himself in unsettling changes
This choice: Go into the woods  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Go into the woods

    by: Inthecourt
"The woods, maybe?" he asked himself under his breath as he took a step into the dense foliage that surrounded the village. The woods were known to be the home of many a frightening creature, and maybe if he could slay one and bring it back to the village both Krogar (That complete ass) and Aristra would be surprised.

With a deep breath, Sethryan took another step, deeper into the woods.

Now, Sethryan was not, as we know, very strong. However, what he lacked in strength he made up for in agility and quickness. He wasn't necessarily the fastest person in the village, but he was fairly speedy and possessed good endurance. As such, he jogged lightly through the woods, growing more and more weary as he approached the heart of the forest. Going wasn't really easy- there were many gnarled branches and roots to impede his pace- but he traveled quite a distance before the weight of the sword really began to bother him.

Sethryan sighed and leaned up against a tree. He was winded, having carried his father's sword no short distance as he ran.

"Nothing," he said, feeling a bit defeated, "Nothing at all."

Were the stories of the woods greatly exaggerated? He had heard of frightening beasts, cunning witches and other such devious entities in these woods, but so far he had only been able to appreciate the natural beauty of this area. Sethryan took a step back from the tree and looked ahead. Something in the distance piqued his interest. A couple hundred yards before him-
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Inthecourt (UN: inthecourt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tyrak has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972409-Sethryans-Journey-of-Transformations/cid/1731050-Go-into-the-woods