*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972409-Sethryans-Journey-of-Transformations/cid/1731059-Were-the-ruins-of-an-older-civilization
by tyrak
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1972409
In a time of magic and barbarians, a would-be warrior finds himself in unsettling changes
This choice: Were the ruins of an older civilization  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Were the ruins of an older civilization

    by: Inthecourt
Through the trees, he could see stacked stone. This was not a natural occurrence. He walked forward, almost forgetting his father's sword in the process, and admired the ruins. He had heard of an older civilization in these woods that had died out for unknown reasons well before he was born.

"Now that's something-" he said, imagining there must be some kind of loot he could take from this place that would impress Aristra. The town, or what was left of it, was no more than 1000 yards across at its widest point, and roughly circular. In the center was a small temple of sorts. Sethryan was not a religious man, though he had always tried his best to not be a blasphemous individual so as to not offend any of the villagers. However, he felt an odd attraction to the temple.

"No harm entering, I suppose," he pondered as he stood at the door of the temple, which was at best 20 feet across and 9 feet high. Inside, light filtered in through a skylight which seemed close to forcing the whole structure to collapse. Sethryan's eyes had to adjust to the slightly darker environment before he could start to make things out. In this temple, there was only one statue, surrounded by incense that had long ago been extinguished. The statue, Sethryan found, was rather strange.

Likely a statue of some fertility goddess, it was made of gold, or at least seemed to be- but that wasn't what surprised him. The statue was of a fat woman. Large breasts, soft, doughy tummy, and finally a very wide and very prominent lower half. She was pear shaped, that was for sure. The statue was incredibly life-like, which Sethryan found rather unsettling, but a quick tap revealed that she was truly composed of some metal, likely gold. Around her thick neck, a beautiful necklace was tied, on it, a large, pink gem.

"Aristra would definitely like that," he thought, knowing that nearly any woman would find such a stone enticing. Sethryan looked around him, half forgetting that this was of course a civilization that had died out long ago. Though he was not particularly attracted to the idea of defiling someone's holy place, he reasoned that this place was truly abandoned and that Aristra would appreciate such a necklace more than any dead person could. With little effort, Sethryan managed to take the necklace from the statue.

You have the following choices:

1. He Tries It On

2. Takes It To Aristra

*Noteb*
3. Takes It Home

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Inthecourt (UN: inthecourt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tyrak has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972409-Sethryans-Journey-of-Transformations/cid/1731059-Were-the-ruins-of-an-older-civilization