*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1874571-The-Ticklish-Teenage-Kunoichi/cid/2705021-North-West-Tunnel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Zero
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1874571
A young, ticklish, kunoichi on a mission.
This choice: North-West Tunnel  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

North-West Tunnel

    by: Zero
Having sensed something moving in the north-west tunnel through the vibrations around her, Yukina thought she'd take her chances to try and find someone to interrogate for more information. Silently striding down the tunnel second to her left with furtive steps, she eventually stumbled upon something bizarre.

Glowing blue crystals sparsely scattered along the walls, offering dim lighting. Her feet paused as she found the end of the road as the ground sharply drops down into a dark pit of unknown depths. The pit stretched across the entire width of the tunnel and perhaps thirty meters of distance away before the pathway continued on the other side. Despite her athleticism, she had no chance of jumping across thirty meters of distance.

But, that was where the strange part comes about. Along the ceiling over the long pit, there were a series of handlebars installed onto the rocky surface. It was essentially a larger, more omnious version of the monkey bars one may find at a playground. With her level of training, she was confident that she had the strength and stamina to make it across the entire thirty meter distance, but it was the deep pit below that frightened her along with the old, rusty-looking handlebars.

For whatever reason, she could longer sense the unnatural movements in the air which she felt earlier. Perhaps, they were deeper into the tunnel?

With a single jump, the brave kunoichi reached out her arms and gripped the first rusty metal bar on her end and slowly began to make her way across the chasm. Abdomen muscles tensed, the youth continued to place one arm after the other, making sure the next handlebar was stable enough before shifting her weight onto it completely. Yukina’s heart raced at the fear of falling. She didn’t dare to look down.

By the time she reached the halfway mark, she had fifteen more meters left to cross. However, that was when her skin began to tingle at the sudden movements in the air.

From the pit below, two white threads shot out and stuck themselves onto the ceiling, one in front of the girl and one behind the girl. Two creeping-crawling arachnids began to quickly climbs up their respective strand until they reached the ceiling where their legs clung onto the rocky surface to hold their own weight. Each of these monsters had the bottom of a meter-long black-bodied spider with eight long legs and the torso of a small human toddler with three pairs of red sinister eyes. The one in front of kunoichi had the face of a young boy, and the one behind the kunoichi had the face of a young girl.

Yukina was immediately creeped out by their hybrid appearances. She already hated spiders and insects to begin with due to their creepy, crawley sensation on the skin. Each spider-morph was about eight meters away from the girl who hung there at the center. Pincered on both ends, the girl couldn't simply monkey-bar her way forward or back without running into one of these two arachnids.

The two spider-morphs began crawling upside down along the ceiling, converging towards the human girl with mischievous grins. At their quick pace with those fast-moving legs, it would only take them about three seconds to reach her.

With only three seconds to make a decision, what will the kunoichi do in this disadvantageous situation?

Yukina's Status:
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zero (UN: masuta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zero has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1874571-The-Ticklish-Teenage-Kunoichi/cid/2705021-North-West-Tunnel