*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572936-Warping-Reality/cid/710988-Her-friends-find-out-the-truth
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1572936
A new take on warping reality, written in third person.
This choice: programmed the device so David and Rachel weren't affected by mind control  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Her friends find out the truth

    by: Tolchok
Amanda felt that she needed to discuss this device with some people, and the only way to do that would be to remove the mind control effect on them. She would start by doing this with Rachel and David. She brought up the "Mind Control" menu, and saw her name, along with David and Rachel's, followed by a short list of people who frequently visited. David and Rachel's names were highlighted in green, but she touched them, making them able to feel the changes.

After a few seconds, she heard screaming coming from the living room. Amanda realized Rachel must have found out about the reality warping and quickly pressed the reset button. She then bolted to the living room to find Rachel hyperventilating.

"My hands...they disappeared...and then they came back. What the fuck happened?", asked Rachel.
"I'll explain it in a bit. Are you all right?"
"Yeah...yeah, I'm fine now."

David came into the room, wearing a robe. "My god, Rachel, are you okay?"
"She's fine, I'll explain. Last night, I got some sort of reality warping device," explained Amanda.
"Reality warping?", asked Rachel.
"Yeah. I program in how people change, then all people are like that. I made all people invisible, even ones on TV and on photos, but when I tried to explain it, you believed it was normal. So I turned off the mind control that you were under."
"Whew...well, that's a relief, knowing you have control over it. Cool, we should do something like this before we go to the city." said Rachel.
"Thing is, it only affects reality while we're inside this house. The moment we step out, reality goes back to normal, we change back."
"Maybe it's portable or something," said David.

Amanda went up to her room again, and tried to pull the device off the wall by the side. Nothing happened. She read the manual again.

"To remove the device from its place on the wall, press the red button at the top. This will turn off the device, and all changes will revert to normal. For portability, press the button again, and it will fold into a more portable form. To have the device revert to its usual form, press the button again."

Amanda did as the manual said. Once it had folded up, it appeared to have taken the form of an iPod nano, except there was a red button where the screen should have been. She noticed a little switch at the bottom, and flicked it to the opposite position. Nothing happened. She pressed the red button. Nothing happened. She then realized it locked the device so it would accidentally be activated in her pocket.

She went back to the living room.

"Well?", asked Rachel.
"Yeah, I can make it portable. But I think you have to place it on a wall for it to be on."
"Hey, we've got like three and a half hours before we have to go. Let's have a little fun."

Amanda then unlocked the device, made it its regular size again, and mounted it on the living room wall.

"Well, what do you want to try out?"

You have the following choices:

1. Size

2. Gender

3. Age

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Tolchok (UN: ndrly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tolchok has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572936-Warping-Reality/cid/710988-Her-friends-find-out-the-truth