*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1533048-Wand-of-modification/cid/738690-A-nerdy-Intro
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1533048
A wand changes reality as holder wants changes lives of all. Open to anyone to add10/3Edit
This choice: A nerdy 15 year old boy  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A nerdy Intro

    by: mingusdew
Melvin is a quiet boy, with his coke bottle glasses, large ears, acne and high pitched squeeky voice he is the quintessential nerd. He doesn't have many friends, the only friends he has are through the online video game, WoW, he plays. He reads his comics and constantly plays his online video game rarely ventureing outside, as to avoid the bullies that torment him mercilessly. On this day he has dared to venture outside and will run into a bully, but this run in will ultimately lead to him finding an object which will change his life forever.

Melvin walked briskly out of the comic book store with an armful of comics he was ready for the rest of the day. At this point nothing could spoil his day, except for Trent who wasn't very big, at 5'10" was average in most ways except his attitude was the biggest bully in the school, who Melvin didn't realize he was on a collision course with. Melvin was too wrapped up in looking at the comics he had just bought he walked into Trent, bouncing harmlessly off.

"Watch where your going nerd" yelled Trent as he knocked the comics out of Melvin's arms "maybe that wouldn't have happened if you didn't bump into me."

"I'm sorry." apologized Melvin as he bent down to pick up his precious comics.

"Not sorry enough." Trent mocked as he kicked Melvin which put Melvin laying in pain on the ground with his face in the gutter.

Trent was about to kick him again when finally a voice yelled out "Leave that kid alone!" and now people who had been ignoring the assault were starting to pay attention.

"Lucky nerd," Trent laughed and began to jog away.

"You OK pal?" asked the first freindly voice he had heard in awhile.

Melvin looked up to see the face of a heavy-set guy but at the same time looks strong, and Melvin recognized him, it was Dave from the neighborhood.

"Yes I'm OK happens all the time I'm used to it."

"Well you should try and stand up for yourself the more you let them push you around the more they will cause they know you wont do anything." Dave lectured "Your lucky I left the box I bought back here and had to come back."

Melvin was gathering up his comics as Dave started to walk off. Sadly some of his brand new comics had wound up in the watery gutter and were now ruined.
"Jerk off Trent i hope he gets whats coming to him someday." Melvin muttered to himself.

Little did Melvin know that that day was closer than he could have imagined and it would be he that would give it to him. As Melvin picked the comics out of the water he noticed the wand sitting there. As Melvin went to pick it up the wand started to feel what humans would call happy. Melvin put the wand on top of his comics and made the sad trek home.

When Melvin got home he tried to make it to his basement bedroom before he got harrassed by his 17 year old sister Jenna or lectured by his parents. But as luck would have it he would run into both his sister and his parents and they would harrass and lecture him. What they said isn't important since Melvin isn't really sure what they said since he just tuned them out. Its safe to say it wasn't the most loving of home-comings. Melvin finally got to his dark room which he shared with his younger brother Marcus. Melvins younger brother at 12 was even cooler than his. But Marcus and Melvin got along just fine living in the same room, the basement was plenty big enough for them both. Marcus was on Melvin's computer playing WoW, he didn't play nearly as much as Melvin, when Melvin came down stairs.

"Hey your not gonna believe what i just....." Marcus stopped mid sentence when he saw Melvin all dirty and wet "Trent?" asked Marcus knowingly Melvin just nodded his head.
"You OK" asked Marcus

"Yea fine" said Melvin as he placed the wet comics on the heater to dry out, and walked over placed the wand on the computer desk next to Marcus and threw himself on his bed next to the computer.

"What is that?" questions Marcus about the wand

"Dunno found it in the gutter thought it looked cool."

"Looks cheap and cheezy to me." said Marcus. and at that statement the wand again felt what humans would call anger.

"Does it do anything?"

"Dunno" said Melvin

"Lets find out come on."

You have the following choices:

1. Mess with it now

2. Just go to sleep school is tomorrow

3. Play some WoW

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 mingusdew (UN: mingusdew83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mingusdew has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1533048-Wand-of-modification/cid/738690-A-nerdy-Intro