*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. F-204 Scythe long range interceptor
  2. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1481560-Pathfinder-Chronicles-Genesis/cid/620487-F-204-Scythe-long-range-interceptor
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1481560
You are Captain Jack Gunn of the 9th star fleet.The future of humanity rests in your hands
This choice: F-204 Scythe long range interceptor  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

F-204 Scythe long range interceptor

    by: AverageJack
You step onto the ship and from its features you can tell it is battle-ready. Walking past you crew you salute them and scan their faces.

First in line you see the six space marines. Re-conditioned convicts, the marines are tough as nails and you can see it on their faces. Battle scars and tattoos riddle their bodies and not getting your salute returned doesn’t surprise you much. Their heavy-assault rifles, known as “Jackhammers” are stacked up next to them.

The Tiger-Cat units are strapped in with their operators standing beside them. Tiger-Cats are tough little bastards, and you’ve seen them in action more than once. Approximately seven feet in height, they resemble mechanised walker units with two mini-guns for arms. Being able to withstand heavy small-arms fire, they can wreak havoc in infantry units. Seeing that their operators are in their thirties, comforts you. In your experience, young, inexperienced soldiers have the tendency to get people killed.

Behind them, you find the two heavy assault Rhino’s. Being the big brothers of the Tiger-Cats, the Rhino’s are approximately three times the size of the Tiger-Cats. For transport purposes, they can fold-up to fit into the interceptor’s hull. Except for a set of mini-guns similar to that of the Tiger-Cats, their weapons systems further include medium-sized cannons and anti-aircraft guns. Their operators are Sergeants Tombs and Spears, and by the enemy units painted on the sides of their units, you can tell they’ve been around the block a couple of times.

The science officer, medical officer and engineer seem very skittish as you pass them. Checking and re-checking their seat-belts, you can tell they’ve never served in a combat zone before – not a quality that you appraise very highly.

As you enter the cockpit, Sergeant Rico looks up at you. Saluting you, he gets up to shake your hand. In his eyes you can see he is a man you can trust. His handshake is firm, and his smile honest.

“Pleasure to serve with you sir,” he says as he sits down and continues his pre-flight checklist.

Strapping yourself in, you find the ship prepared and ready for take-off.

Two minutes later, you are forced back into your seat as you shoot from the port of the Star Destroyer America, slipping into open space.

“Ready for warp-speed transition”, Sergeant Rico announces.

“We can head straight for our target sir. Although, as you know, we might need to pick up mining equipment first. Therefore, we have two choices; firstly, shall we head straight for the destination, or shall we head to the mining centre on the planet called Kepler? Kepler has fortifications of the Miras-Guhl, and we might get some resistance, although showing up at our destination without mining tools could provide us with a serious problem.

You have the following choices:

1. The Destination

2. Kepler

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 AverageJack (UN: averagejack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AverageJack has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1481560-Pathfinder-Chronicles-Genesis/cid/620487-F-204-Scythe-long-range-interceptor