*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1481560-Pathfinder-Chronicles-Genesis/cid/592440-The-Destination
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1481560
You are Captain Jack Gunn of the 9th star fleet.The future of humanity rests in your hands
This choice: The Destination  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Destination

    by: chatabit
Without hesitation you sternly reply, "I believe the 9th fleet is depending on our victory and it should be swift! Warp speed immediately to lessen our detection…and continue on through quadrant E9. I dispatched drones through those sectors just a short time ago – they showed all clear. We should proceed safely and without being noticed."

Visibly startled, Sergeant Rico requests clarification, "Do we need to obtain Admiral Zane's approval before I adjust the appropriate coordinates?"

"Absolutely not!" you reply firmly. “I am mission-commander, Sergeant. Zane informed me that our scientists had a reading from Xelesor which is what this mission is for and it's our goal to find the material, no matter what it takes! So be prepared for a fight with the Miras-Guhl if necessary."

Nodding in agreement, Rico flips up the cover to expose the track of blinking lights.

"We are ready to engage, Sir. Warp-speed transition locked - ON. Hold steady, now!"

Bracing their arms in place, the crew anticipates a steady increase in speed, however the jolt of power nearly makes it impossible to adjust their heads to a more comfortable position. A brief surge, and the F-204 Scythe is cruising at its' maximum speed.

“We’re a couple of hours from our destination,” you say looking at your crew. “I expect a full report from each section before we get there.”


Mere moments after sitting down in your chair, the engineer, Thomas Eldersen approaches you.

"Sir, some of the emergency exit lights went out when we were thrust into warp-speed. It causes me concern because the circuits are interconnected with the limited stealth features and the science laboratory."

Casting a glance to your science officer, you wait for confirmation that all electrical outlets are in working order. Without being asked the science officer responds, "Sir, nothing here seems to be out of the ordinary. I will run a diagnostic check to verify the laboratory is working as it should be."

Relieved, you sit back in your chair. "What, if any, problems encountered with warp-speed do you have to report from the medical section Dr Jacobs?"

"No injuries here, Sir!" Jacobs replies, seemingly happy with his section.

For a moment you sit in silence. What could go wrong with the stealth and cloaking appliances if Eldersen is right, you wonder.

Snapping back to the present, you address your crew. "Listen up everyone, I need your feedback," you request without specifically addressing anyone in the group.

"The signal emitted from Xelesor system is strong. Does anyone here have experience working with the material we're looking for?"

"Yes Sir, We do, Sir!" three of the six space Marines respond.

If I only get three then I can work with that, you think to yourself sighing with relief.

“I want the three of you to enter as much as you know into that database right now. It will scan each of the planet surfaces for material already found and compile a tracking order for us to update. Other information will be forthcoming from Admiral Zane. The rest of you get to work, we don't have all day."

Swivelling your chair around, you face Rico. "Sergeant Rico, what's the status of the HR-122 Black Panther stealth ship, the CLK-800 Juggernaut prospector and the Freelancer 2200? We may need their assistance if they are within our sector and have the ability to offer current information about the Miras-Guhl."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Crew Arrives at "The Destination"

*Noteb*
2. Update the Status of other Vessels

*Noteb*
3. Enemy Begins a Battle

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 chatabit (UN: chatabit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AverageJack has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1481560-Pathfinder-Chronicles-Genesis/cid/592440-The-Destination