*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Day One.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1353282-Shrunk-By-Your-Mom-5/cid/472769-Day-One
Rated: NPL · Interactive · Other · #1353282
A woman develops strange powers after a lab accident and shrinks her son and husband.
Chapter #1

Day One.

    by: Mad Dog
This is pretty unusual event. The English class you're in has just been interrupted by the Principal, miss Jacobs and two women dressed in dark grey suits. One of the women is quite young, mid to late twenties you'd guess. She has long. blonde hair, which plaited into a tail. A very attractive woman, who's skirt is somewhat shorter than probably should be. The other woman, also quite attractive, is older. She looks like she's in her early to mid forties. She also has long hair, but hers is brown and tied back in a pony tail. They're talkng quietly in one corner of the classroom with miss Wilson, your English teacher, who looks somewhat shocked.



Finally, the group disbands, and miss Jacobs and the two men walk across the classroom, directly toward you.
"Todd", miss Jacobs says, looking somewhat concerned. "These two ladies are with the FBI".
This prompts a number of murmurs from the a number of your classmates.
"This is agent Collins," she gestures to the younger woman, who gives you a kindly smile. "And this", she gestures to the older woman. "Is special agent McCall. You need to with them, it's very important."
"Me?" you ask nervously. "W..why? what've I done? I..I haven't done anything."
"It's not like that," the older of the two women says softly and with a slight smile. "We've been ordered to collect you. So, grab your things and let's go. Like Principal Jacobs said, It's very important."
"What is?" you ask, feeling somewhat scared, though you're not sure why. "What's important? Where are you taking me?"
"We'll explain on the way," the woman says. "Let's go kid."



You put your stuff in your bag and zip it up. Then, increasingly nervously, you slowly get to your feet. And the older woman turns and starts walking toward the door. The younger woman smiles and gestures for you to follow. You feel the eyes of your classmates on you as you follow the older woman out of the classroom, followed by the younger woman.
"What's going?" You ask. "Ha..have I done something wrong?"
"No, it's nothing like that", the younger woman replies reassuringly as she walks beside you.
"We can't talk here. We'll tell you all about it on the way".



You follow the older agent out of the front doors of the school and toward a black Ford car. The older woman opens the rear passenger door on the driver's side and you cautiously get in. The younger woman gets in the front passenger side, and the older woman gets into the driver's seat. They car leaves the school's parking lot and out onto the main road.
"So, what's going on?" You ask. "Where are we going?"
"The hospital," the younger woman says. There's been an accident at the lab where your mother works, she's been injured.
"I.injured?" you ask, with a mixture of fear and nervousness. "How? What happened?"
"Most of the details are classified. But basically, an experiment that your mother and her team were working on somehow went wrong. There was a build up of energy, and then there was an explosion. They all survived, but were pretty badly injured. We've taken over an entire floor at the hospital, she's getting the best medical there is."
It's a twenty minute drive to the hospital. The rest of the journey is made in silence. You're parents have been working for the government since you were about four years old. You've learned quite a lot of things in that time. One of those things being, 'Classified' means you are not invited to ask any more the subject. Still, you can't help wondering what it is your mom was working that was obviously so dangerous it caused an explosion. Realising, you'll probably never know the answer, you try to put it the back of your mind. Eventually, you reach the hospital, and special agent McCall drives down into an underground parking lot.



You and the two FBI agents walk toward an elevator and get in. Agent Collins pushes the button for the fifth floor, and after a few seconds the doors close and you feel the elevator start to move. It stops at a couple of floors on the way to the fifth floor, but the two agents won't let anyone in, to the annoyance of the people trying to get in the elevator. The elevator reaches the fifth floor and the three of you stip out. You're surprised to find that their are marine guards all over the place, especially at all the access points to the floor.
After being issued with a in ID card with your photo on it, and told not to lose it, you're escorted down a long corridor by a navy nurse, to the end room on the left. You were expecting it to be bad, but you weren't really expecting to see your mom lying there, covered almost completely in bandages, with tubes in her mouth and nose.
"She's in a coma", the nurse says as you stand next to your dad beside the bed. "There's not really any more we can do right now. We just have to wait. "
Your sisters show up soon after, and you spend the next few hours sitting around your mom's bed. Eventually, your dad orders your sisters to take you home. You try to protest, but there's not much point. There's nothing you can do, and you're going to need to sleep sooner or later.



You get home at about 11pm. You go straight up to your room and lie on your, but there's no way you can sleep just yet. It's well into the early hours of the morning before you finally drift off. You wake up at 2 in the afternoon, to an empty house. You're pretty annoyed at being left home alone, but you eventually calm down. Your dad comes home an hour or so later to take you to the hospital. There's been no change since yesterday, you're mom's still lying there, covered in bandages, with tubes in her nose and mouth, unconscious. You only stay for a couple of hours, you find it far too upsetting to see your mom in such a helpless state. Chelsea, your eldest sister, drives you home at about 7. She makes you some dinner and then goes upstairs to take a shower. You end up flicking through the channels on the t.v. until you come to the news. There's a reporter going over the reports of the explosion from the previous day, but it doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know. You go to bed about 11, but like last night, it's tough getting off to sleep, but you do eventually drift off.



You're awakened the next morning by someone shaking your right shoulder.
"Todd?" You hear a female voice say. "Todd, wake up, c'mon."
Slowly, you open your eyes. It's takes a few seconds for you to recognise that it's agent Collins, the young female FBI agent from two days ago.
"Huh?, what?" You say, still half asleep. "What're you doing here? How'd you get in?"
"Your dad gave me the key," Collins replies. "You need to get dressed and come with me...right now."
"Why?" You ask.
"Your mom's awake." She says excitedly.
Those three words wake you up quicker than the strongest coffee. Collins goes out of your room and back downstairs as you get out of bed and hurriedly get dressed.
"Is, she going to be ok?" you ask nervously as agent Collins drives you to the hospital.
"I think it's safe to say she's going to be fine." Collins replies with a smile.
You can't believe it. You feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. You can't wait to get to the hospital.



Like the first day, Collins drives into the underground parking lot and take the elevator up to the fifth floor. Despite your excitement, you can't help noticing that there's something different today. There are no men to be seen anywhere. For the past two days, there have been male marines guarding the stairs and elevators, but today they're all women. You don't really care though, you're just glad that your mom's awake and is going to be ok.
"Not that way," agent Collins says as you start walking down the corridor to your mom's room. "This way."
She leads you in the opposite direction, to a larger version of the room your mom had been in. To your complete surprise, your mom is stood, looking out the window, wearing a pair of jeans and a denim shirt. There are no bandages or tubes. No scars or burns, it's weird. Chelsea and Jerri, your other sister, are sat on the bed, special agent McCall is sitting in a chair. You're dad is nowhere to be seen.
"M..mom?" you say nervously.
"Ah..Todd," your mom says with a smile as she turns to face you. "Hello. I'm guessing from the look on your face that you're somewhat surprised."
"Y..yeah," you reply. "You could say that. I mean..you were in a coma, burned. Now you're...not."



Your mom laughs. "Yes, I suppose it is quite unusual," she says. "Let me explain. As you know, you're father and I have worked for the government for a number of years. Most of those years have been spent reverse engineering extra terrestrial spacecraft and probes, and other devices. Our latest project was to reverse engineer a ship that crashed in the Mojave desert two years ago. Unfortunately, something went wrong...still not sure what exactly...but there's was a build of energy in the ships propulsion system and we couldn't shut it off. It blew up as we were trying to evacuate the hangar. Unfortunately, we were hit by the blast, which caused our injuries. Fortunately though, as it turns out, we were also exposed to a large dose of radiation. A type we've never encountered before. It seems that it has quite an effect on female dna. It's given me amazing regenerative powers. Plus other powers too. It seems we can create force fields, and manipulate matter. It's pretty amazing really."



Your natural reaction is one of disbelief. It's like your mom is saying she has magic powers. But on the other hand, she's spent the past two days in a coma, with burns and other injuries over 90% of her body. Now here she is, standing in front you, completely healed. It's more than strange.
"I also have some bad news," she says, still smiling. "Since I'm now no longer what you would call...entirely human, I'm afraid we're going to have to redefine our relationship."
"Huh?" you ask, suddenly feeling somewhat nervous. "What d'you mean? Where...where's dad?"
"Oh you're dad's right here," your mom says softly. "Show him girls." Chelsea and Jerri giggle as they get off the bed, revealing a large hamster cage behind them. With a growing sense of unease, you walk over to it and look down through the bars. To your complete shock and amazement, there are eight shrunken men in the cage, including your dad. They're all about three inches tall.
"TODD!" Your shouts as he looks up at you. "FOR GOD'S SAKE, RUN! RUN, YOU'RE IN DANGER."



You're almost in a trance as you stare down at the shrunken, naked men staring up at you.
"RUN!" Your dad shouts again.
You look at your mom, who smiles back at you.
"I'm afraid it's your turn now," your mom says softly.
"What? Why?" you ask as a shiver of terror suddenly shoots right through you.
"Because you're male," your mom replies. "And human. That you makes you inferior. Which also means that your only purpose...is to serve women like me. Y'see..these powers we've acquired, make us the most powerful beings on the planet. Which means that WE...should be the dominant group. So...we're going to take over the planet. Now for some reason...the powers we got from the exposure to the radiation, only work on attractive women. So, we're going to create a sisterhood of superhuman, attractive women, and everyone else will be our slaves. Most we'll shrink...but some we'll allow to remain at something near normal size. Well, we'll need someone to do all the menial work."
"Y..you can't," you say in disbelief as you start backing up. Unfortunately, your escape route is blocked by your sisters. "It's not right, it's wrong."
"Oh who cares what's right or wrong?" your mom says. "It's irrelevant now. Within a week, Earth will belong to us. And we'll decide what's right and what's wrong. There's a new order coming."



You immediately turn around and try to run from the room, but Chelsea grabs the back of your neck and pulls you back. The force sends slamming into the ground, and sliding toward your mom. You end up lying at her feet.
"I'm afraid there's no escape for you." She says. "You're mine now, just like the Earth is mine."
She holds up her right hand, and a couple of seconds later, you feel a tingling throughout your whole body. You then gasp in complete shock as the world around you, including your clothes, quickly grow to immense proportions. At least, that's what it looks like. In reality, you're shrinking. You end about three inches inches tall and completely naked.
"That is so cool," you hear Chelsea say. "My turn next".
You find yourself staring up at your now giant mom, who's looking back down at you with an evil grin on her face.
"We'll need more cages," she says softly. "A lot more."
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mad Dog (UN: gunbunny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mad Dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1353282-Shrunk-By-Your-Mom-5/cid/472769-Day-One