*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3137224
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2017 at 5:28pm
Memories for developing your character
I've seen a lot of great character profiles out there but one I found (awhile ago) included a list of questions to draw out the character's most influential memories.

Our experiences make up a large part of who we are! And what memories we cherish, or what memories we wish we could forget, vary based on our character. I found it really helpful to write out some of these memories and also to reflect on WHY these memories matter to my character and HOW they've influenced her choices now. These memories can include:

-Earliest memory
-Favorite memory (this can be specific or general, for example my character's favorite memory is dance lessons with her sisters)
-Biggest regret
-Worst/most evil thing they've done (even your good characters have done something wicked in their life, if they haven't, they should've)
-Greatest accomplishment (from your character's POV!)
-Scariest memory
-Saddest memory
-Strongest memory (one that might be reflected upon frequently, may not fall into any of the other categories)
-A general idea of how they view their childhood (again, this your character's POV, not necessarily yours)

*Books3**Books6* Sarah Rae *Books4**Books1*

Rate Yourself!  [E]
How would you rate yourself as an author based on the Writing.Com system?
by Sarah Rae

Merit Badge in Creativity
[Click For More Info]

For second place in  [Link To Item #1076850] . You are a very creative writer! Merit Badge in Mentor
[Click For More Info]

For all the help and patience offered during Christmas, the most hectic time of year.

Thank you! Merit Badge in Ghost
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for decorating the halls of Writing.Com for the 2012 Halloween season with your creative handle, Scare-A Rae. You were nominated in  [Link To Item #1485641]  to receive this much-deserved Merit Badge by me.  *^*Delight*^*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Memories for developing your character · 10-06-17 5:28pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Memories for developing your character · 10-07-17 9:30am
by MontyB
Re: Memories for developing your character · 10-07-17 8:09pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Memories for developing your character · 10-08-17 5:57pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3137224