*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1377132
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 28, 2006 at 8:17am
Re: Re: POV help please
I began in third person limited to just my heroine. I've never had much luck writing in first person.

I think my trouble is that I'm now trying to switch to third person omniscient (i think i spelled that right). Here is an example of the problem I am having:

“You don’t talk much,” Chance said over the cab noise. He was rather enjoying the ride and for a few moments had even forgot they had just met. She had an easy grace about her that he already loved. She was honest and real, he could tell she didn’t hide anything. Most women would have been uncomfortable with the amount of silence he had just enjoyed, and would have found a way to draw attention to themselves. She didn’t though, she commanded his attention with out a word or gesture, and it was starting to worry him.

(here i am in Chance's head, thinking about Georgia. I know how to handle this)

She unbuckled and slid across the seat to the middle carefully navigating her long legs around the stick shift. “Enjoying the ride like you told me to,” she replied.

He smiled and put his arm across the seat behind her resting his hand on her shoulder. It wasn’t a sly move to touch her; it was more of a reflex and was comforting. She relaxed into the seat, her arm brushing softly against his side. They were on a narrow unkempt road a house only every few miles, and field in between.

(This is where my problem begins. Does this have to be from a characters POV or the narrator. There really isn't a narrator though.)

If I am going to tackle this is it limited strictly to Chance and Georgia? Can there be another "voice" that does things like in the last paragraph? I hope this makes sense or am I pulling my hair out for no reason?
MESSAGE THREAD
POV help please · 09-28-06 1:24am
by Molly Jean
Re: POV help please · 09-28-06 3:01am
by Talanis
*Star* Re: Re: POV help please · 09-28-06 8:17am
by Molly Jean
Re: Re: Re: POV help please · 09-28-06 10:15am
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: Re: POV help please · 09-28-06 11:02am
by Molly Jean
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: POV help please · 09-28-06 1:08pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: POV help please · 09-28-06 11:04pm
by Kritter
Re: Re: Re: POV help please · 09-30-06 9:23pm
by Talanis
Re: POV help please · 09-29-06 5:37am
by Liam Jackson
Re: Re: POV help please · 09-29-06 10:22pm
by Molly Jean

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1377132