*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966133-We-Are-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Comedy · #966133
This tale aims to illustrate the oneness of all life. Enjoy!
One merry morning, while walking down the street, a funny scene struck my sight. It wasn't at all the hen and her chicks, but the duckling among them that created the confusion!

The whole fun anchored on the fact that the duckling thought it was one the chicks. Apparently, the chicks thought it was one of them, too. But only the mum could tell the difference - and she showed it!

Scared, she croaked:"Keep away from me, you ugly thing!" as she continually backed away from the innocently advancing ducking. "Can't you see you don't belong?"

And the duckling must have wondered: "Why is mum
treating me like this?"

While the chicks appeared to be concurring: "There goes mum again! But why does she hate Duddy so much?" They just didn't see any difference between themselves and
Duddy the duckling.

Suddenly, realization struck me like a bolt out of the blue!

Soul is very much like the chicks and duckling. Child-like. Innocent. And illusion-free. Soul sees no difference between Itself and another soul. But the human point of consciousness, like the hen, blinded by the veil of illusion, will always be afraid of something strange to it - the duckling. It, therefore, creates a barrier that barks: "Back off, Jerk! Look for your own kind."

But we are not really different from others. We all are one. And we have a collective mission to seek Divine Love so we can serve Life - not self.
© Copyright 2005 DIOconda (igwenjoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966133-We-Are-One