*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/909374-Beach-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Adult · #909374
Written as a result of the contrasts, old and young, I observed in Miami July 2004.

Hot glistening bodies, last night's sex washed away in an aquamarine warm sea,
The silky water caresses breasts, some covered, some unfettered, bouncing free,
Teenagers teasing with abandonment, that only comes with alcohol and inexperience.
Others from their life's situations have learned to parade, but now show more sense.

Giving respect for others, bearing in mind, and giving thought to the moralities
Of all persuasions, enjoying their adult bodies, while avoiding possible fatalities,
At the hands of perverts; predators that strut their stuff on the boardwalk.
Listen, hear the rhythm of lovers' voices, they lie touch-close and sweet talk.

Bodies taut and bodies sagging, brown, cream, and some burned lobster red.
Tonight after the days swimming, eating, teasing, might end up in someone's bed.
Will the inexperienced find pleasure or pain, will they be traumatised or shocked?
Will they now join the parade, as that other kind; where the sidewalk's grid-locked.

With desperation will they try to look untouched as if they are virgins still?
And will they forever for that one short moment, with their emotions pay the bill?
Committed lovers, sharing dream holidays, a second honeymoon or even a first,
Once again they are lying in each others arms, slaking their passion's thirst.

With their loving, it's as if they can never get enough of the one they love.
Intercourse does not describe their harmony; they put the other's need above
Their own; sensual thoughts now arouse them as they lie alone on a sun-bed,
Fantasies, they might act out, or not; choose to share or to savour in their head.
© Copyright 2004 Ann Ticipation (annticipation at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/909374-Beach-Thoughts