*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329107-All-the-Barbaras
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by D.B.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2329107
Entry for the "13" writing activity
It was nighttime, and Basia was extra tired and looked forward to a deep sleep, the kind where you forget you exist for awhile and wake up refreshed.
And luckily, she did have that kind of sleep, and woke up the next day, totally refreshed, yawning and stretching happily, for it was Saturday. Her husband Bill was in the shower when she got a phone call from her friend, Barbara.
"Someone's getting all the Barbaras!!" she exclaimed "Lots of women named Barbara have already disappeared."
"What is happening to them?" Basia anxiously replied.
"I'm not sure, said Barbara, but there is a guy the police are surveillancing who has a whole gaggle of fembot-looking women around his house, serving him food, washing his car, and doing his housework. They found out because his neighbors were suspicious and called them."
"They interviewed those girls and all of them seem ok and none of them are named Barbara but there is still suspicion around that guy. There is a thought they could all be named Barbara and he hypnotized them."
"I'm coming over to your place", said Basia, hurrying out and leaving Bill a quick note.
Basia went over to Barbara's place and they drove around trying to find the fembot house, and crazily, they did.
Women in short floofy pink dresses were happily waiting on a nerdy-looking man who was sitting outside sitting in a lawn chair and sipping a fruity tropical drink through a straw.
Suddenly, the man spotted them and immediately held up a swirling card up to Basia. She tried to run but couldn't move.
"Run, run!" she yelled to Barbara, but she didn't budge.
Instead she morphed into a huge, dragon-like creature and started laughing.
"Why does he want me?" Basia screamed. "What happened to you Barbara?"
"He wants you because the name Basia is a different version of the name Barbara, and I never was really human and I never was named Barbara. I am an evil alien who pretended to be your friend."
"This man had a maid named Barbara when he was little. When his parents were out she made him do all the housework so when he grew up he swore revenge on all the Barbaras."
The man drew closer to Basia, beckoning her and she felt pulled in.
The evil alien/fake Barbara was closing in on her as well.
She heard a whispering eerie voice say "They're coming to get you Barbara'"
With all her might she screamed
And woke up in a cold sweat.
The whole thing was a dream.
Turning on her phone, she noticed a new text coming in.
It was from Barbara.






© Copyright 2024 D.B. (fishbone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329107-All-the-Barbaras