*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328773-How-sad-music-makes-me-less-sad
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #2328773
How sad music makes me feel and when I found the words to someone I was asked.
One of my close friends now, asked me why I listen to sad music so much. At that moment, I had no idea how to describe it. No idea how to put my feelings into words. I think he thought I just wanted an excuse to be sad. Or I wanted to make myself sad so I listened to sad music to make myself feel that way. But no, I didn't listen to it because I wanted to feel that way, I listened to it because it described how I felt to myself better than I ever could.
I feel sad. Boom there's a song for that.
I feel lonely. Boom there's a song for that.
I feel numb empty and just like falling into a never ending hole for the rest of eternity. Well as oddly specific that is, there's probably still a song for that.
And this may sound strange, and maybe it puts into words how you feel too, but sad music actually makes me less sad.
I know strange, right. But think of it this way. If you have a football game you want to listen to hype music that is the same mood or vibe you're in right? So why would sad music be any different.
Sad music, at least for me. Makes me feel less sad because I don't feel as alone. I don't feel like the only sad one because the music right next to me, the person that wrote it felt the same way as me. And sad music makes me feel less guilty for the ways I'm feeling. Because I know I have a good life, that so many people would kill to have. I have an amazing family, a nice house, I get to go to school, and I have so many other great things in my life. So feeling sad sometimes, makes me feel kinda selfish in a way, but when I listen to sad music. That all tends to just go away.
It makes me feel safer, comforted, and not stupid for my emotions.
I feel like there's someone right theere with me. Just saying with me. I am right here and you're not alone in any way. But that's not the reality. The reality is when I feel this way it's the most alone I ever am. But with the right music, you truly aren't 5
© Copyright 2024 thesadbath (ebathh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328773-How-sad-music-makes-me-less-sad