*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328625-Shadows-of-Truth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Tragedy · #2328625
A person masks their true self behind a facade due to past trauma, fearing vulnerability
Shadows of Truth

People often present a version of themselves that they want others to see, hiding their true personality behind a facade. This can be a result of past experiences with bullying, domination, and emotional manipulation. People who have been through these experiences tend to conceal their emotional wounds and scars, fearing that they will be hurt again. This leads to a loss of self-confidence, affecting their appearance, thoughts, and culture, leaving a lasting impact on their body and emotions.

I used to have a superficial and pessimistic mindset, believing the world was dark and terrifying. I saw people as superficial, hiding their faults and portraying false goodness. I questioned the meaning of truth, wondering if it was just a word used when lying or confessing. The pursuit of truth seemed to be forgotten in trivial relationships and conversations. Many scholars, readers, and researchers have not yet found the truth; some have even passed away, leaving their quest for truth buried in the dust.

"What do you believe holds the truth?"
© Copyright 2024 H.H Hmayde (kaspasky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328625-Shadows-of-Truth