*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328521-Routines
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2328521
Musings about Life in general
Why are we a species of routine? Routines give a semblance of order ,in an otherwise "spur-of-the-moment" world. The way things used to be before the "information age " or technological-age explosion,were much different. Most of us were taught the idea of "routines"when we were young.. it was to give us a goal to look toward:rest afterward,among other things. It introduced us to method,and how things worked,much like that of a "well-oiled" machine. A morning routine ,would start out the day,"hopefully in the right direction."

I have found that some deviation of that routine is not harmful,while others ,lead me to be non-productive. If the latter should happen,I find myself searching for that moment that I dropped the ball!! After that is accomplished,I can start where I left off...hopefully!

The aging process ,I do find ,causes me to re-define what my "routine" should be now. It can lead to frustration,but I am not a quitter!

I will quite simply,make the necessary adjustments! Then...."Voila!",a brand-new "old" routine..Writing is part of that new routine!!

OCC
© Copyright 2024 theOCCowgirl (terrelynw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328521-Routines