*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328073-CHAPTER-1-Lord-Prince-Norman-Grey
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Orian
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #2328073
a little about the world, and about the main character
Siting cross legged next to a giant glowing, and flickering wall That is called a ley line. is a pretty boy faced thin man. With insect looking body armor. The black armor is a contrast to his sky blue eyes, and long pale blonde hairs. That flutters in the wind.


At the mans feet are at least eight scrolls. of rolled up paper. Along with one in his hand. There is also a large light blue sphere over his head that has a tendril connected to this man. The energy sphere spell.


Looking down the left, and right of the long flickering blue wall are other men, and women dressed the same way. The difference is they are wearing there masks that look insect like.


Every one of them has either scrolls of paper or have lots of trinkets around them. Many of those trinkets are weapons. Some of those trinkets are no larger then a decoration pin, or a glass bottle top.


A teenaged girl also with long blonde hair, and sky blue eyes wearing armor like that of the of the people but in a different design Comes into view as she approaches the blonde man.


"Captain Norman Grey I have a mission for you. She says in a high pitched voice. We need you to rescue some potential recruits from the village of Cor. The Coalition State of Missouri has set there sights on this village."


"As they try to prove there value to Chi-Town. Now with this being Missouri. They should come in with a soft take over. Unlike Chi-Town, or Free Qubec. Who kill first then ask questions later."


"Your job is to bring back the D-bee's, and magic users. Then if you can bring the rest of the village as well. That will be a bonus."


"We are to short on personal to provide you with much help. outside of a few guards for escorting the villagers. You will have four rookie controllers, and a crew for a Behemoth explorer robot."


"If you rescue more then the eighty the maximum the explorer can fit. I will fully expect you to figure out how to deal with that problem."


The man looks up. "You are really struggling with your humanity. Being a Lord Magus, and a officer. You could have just said that you expect me to divide the refugees in such a way, to be sure that every group has proper protection."


She stomps her foot, folds her arms under her young perky chest, and frowns. "I do not need you to be belittling me. Don't forget that I out rank you. Even if you are older, and far more powerful then I am."


"I am a Lord Magus. You are a Battle Magus. Your job is being on the field of battle. My job is to be directing our forces. I have chosen you for this long range mission. Because I know you can do it. With causing the least amount amount of civilian of casualties. Can you, and will you do this mission?"


"Of course. I see at least when you are talking to me your real self still shows through. Even though you are currently a super natural Lord Magus. That normally has the emotions of a robot."


"That is becau.... Never mind that. When you are done refilling the magic scrolls, and talismans please come to my office, where I will give you more details."


Four hours later he gets up, and heads to the commanders office in the fortress that they are guarding. The fortress is like that of a medieval castle town.


The outer most part of the fort is a thirty foot wall. Then behind that is the town, or more like that of a village. At the center of the village is a castle. There is likely 80-90 buildings protected by the walls.


Some buildings are for cooking, others are for tanning, and leather working. Still others are forges, and repair garages. Then there are around fifty tiny homes. Last, and most important for a fort there is the largest buildings that are the barracks, and the castle.


Grey is going to meet his commanding officer who is also his younger 1st cousin, and wife even though she looks so young. On his way there he passes the automaton parking lot. Where two massive automatons stand. That dwarfs the others by about six feet. The two are the Grey families personal Battle Lord automatons. They are the only one's that are here that can talk.


His automaton greets him as it sees Grey approaching. A matter of fact a few of the automatons at this fort were made by Grey himself. Such as his cousins Battle Lord that is parked by his own automaton. Then her twin sisters as well. That is out this evening on a patrol. As she is out protecting the four local fade towns near the fort.


Grey greets both his own, and his cousins automatons. Sadly those are the only two that are there that have a way to talk, or even think. The rest are just the simple earth thunders, and fire Demon automatons. No more then semi-intelligent golems.


I may be a battle Magus now. Thirty years back I was still a high Magus. The second highest ranked mortal High Magus. The guy that was first passed away, and I changed my occupation.


As can be expected it also caused me to lose my military rank forcing me to become a raw recruit again. I built my rank backup to what my old rank was.


Grey made his way through the castle to his cousins office. He stops at her door, and knocks. As he waits for a reply.


His cousin looks 13, but is actually 55. She went through her transformation well still being a kid. The advantage of her training is that she become a minor supernatural creature. That includes ageing at a greatly reduced rate. The down side is she looks, and sounds like she is still a young teen. No one sees her and takes her seriously.


"Come in!" She shouted from within.


Grey opened the door to stand before her, at attention. After he closed the door behind himself.


"My dear husband I do not like that you talk back to me when we are out in the field. Even if it is to correct me."


"I am sorry if you are disappointed in me. I just want you to remember who you are. It is common for Lord Magi to become almost robotic like. In there personalities. I can't have you like that for our future children."


"For now all my attention is in running this fortification. That we built together. When we are home with our future children I will let you correct me. Not when in public."


"Now then I have through my dad learned of the village of Cor. That is one of the few good things he can do. Even though it is located in the old state of Missouri. The locals have a new west feel about them."


"You will come across cowboys, spurs, chaps. The whole nine. I suggest you get fitted in the kind of cloths you need for this job. Thankfully we have a few leather workers who know what you need."


"The most important thing for this job outside your survival of course. Is our fellow d-bees, and magic users. I know you have a soft spot for psionic users for we are both psionic users. With me being a minor psionic, and you being a major one."


"The Coalition State of Missouri is not likely to kill minor human psionic users. Heck Chi-Town uses psi stalkers in large numbers. So it is likely that the coalition forces will have one with them. Even if only on loan."


"If you can finish this job with no casualties among the common people. I will put in for a promotion for you to major. That way you will have a half decent rank for when we start our family. But I want you to understand. I want you to finish your battle magus days within a few years. Then become a Lord Magus."


Grey was going to say something but she put her finger to his lips. "I will not argue about this, I want to have a husband for more then a few centuries."


"Remember we have a duty to rebuild the Grey clan that was erased from our home world during the elf/dwarf war. Outside of dad, you, and my siblings we are a dead clan."


"Your dad has had so many children that one would say the clan is large in numbers."


"We both know that dad is a man whore. He is more into his fetishes then building the clan. Still, for us siblings it is still a blessing if we can take a former prince as a husband."


"I am no prince. Remember like your self, and your siblings I was born in this world."


"Yes, but my aunt conceived you in Palladium. You may have your mothers maiden name but you were still a prince."


My mom died the day I was born. Shortly after giving birth to me in this world. So I never knew her as a person. My family escaped from the great war. Between the Elves, and Dwarves.


If my mom did not protect me after she gave birth to me I would have been dead as well. Anyways when it comes to me, and my uncle. We were saved by a human mage. He tried but failed to revive my mom. She was already gone. He did heal my uncle though. Who was only a teen at the time. To young to fight the dwarves.

"Are you not angry with your fathers requirements I ask my looking young wife?"


"Not at all. Your mom was a major psionic user. and a priestess of light magic user. Much like you are. Well you are magus instead of priestess. Yet it still counts. So of course dad would want you to have wives who are also the same thing."


"You and your mom are going to be the new standard for the clan of Grey. As your wife I am happy about it."


"That is why only me, and my twin sister count for your wives out of all of dads many children. Dad even gave his other daughters to other elves that were mages, and had psionic potential."


"Heck even your friend Garidon has two of my sisters as his wives. We are still waiting to see if a elf from that world can breed with our worlds elves."


"You mean Jungle Elves. I have to say our friendship is odd. for back then, I was a High Magus. So I spent countless hours around Technology."


He on the other hand has to be around nature. If he spends to much time around vehicles, robots, firearms, and other modern things he losses his connection to nature. Then he can lose his powers.


That is why he spent most of his time in the wilderness. He is a one man army. So I an not really worried about him. The last time I saw him was twenty years ago at his wedding. He took his wives, and left on one of his many Journeys. Being both a biomancer, and druid. He has more then enough power to protect your sisters.


"Now when it comes to my mission when is the dead line."


"Our intel says a mark 3 APC is set to arrive in four weeks. That will mean you will have to leave soon. You should be able to get your outfit in a few days. Then a horse."


"A horse? Can't I just use phantom mount?"


"No, There is a chance that a Psi-stalker is hanging around the village. You will have to be useing transferal to hide your mana. Being a elf it will be easy enough to fool the humans. That you are just a psionic healer human."


"It was wise that you trained yourself in revolvers like you did. I will have a pair of them prepared for you. Maybe two pairs depending on what our techno wizards have and can do."





Chapter1 part 2




Samadi Blueleaf (Grey)came into the sleepy village on his bionic horse. In the former state of Missouri, near the ruins of Paris. Knowing well this village will be in chaos soon.


Samadi learned that the coalition state of Missouri who claims ownership of the whole former American state. Yet only controlling a small portion of it, is slowly expanding.


Even though they are the largest faction in the old state of Missouri. They do not honestly control it. In this post-apocalypse world. They are expanding there claims, and killing hundreds of people. The village of Cor is the first mostly human populated village they are targeting.


Unlike most of the thousands of factions, and towns in America. The Coalition states are able to build giant machines, and super powerful weapons. Including lasers, missiles, railguns, power armors, and giant robots.


A little village like this would be wiped off the map within an hour. My goal here is to help the people escape with there lives. Most of all the non humans.


The people who have a touch of magic potential, and those who have psionics. Will be part of the second wave. For they can at least hide among there fellow humans. for a few weeks at first.


Unlike Chi-Town of the north. Missouri does have a protocol of not glassing a town of humans. They at least pretend to be pro human. If I get the fellow dimensional beings out. The town will be spared. At least initially. D-bee means dimensional beings, basically alien life forms.


According to my intel. This town will be hit in a week. The coalition states do not have a good track record of sparring peoples lives. I have already seen them glass three other villages. Just like this one. On my way down here. Of course that was in the north because of Chi-Town.


I have spent the last forty five years trying to clean up the mess the coalition left in the old magic kingdoms. Of the former federation of magic. Where I was born, and raised. The coalition states are now expanding. Though slowly mostly Chi Town in the old state of Illinois.


I am a elven mage, and a major psychic. My psychic powers are all healing based. It was likely because the environment I grew up in, and thanks to my mothers healing gifts.


Unlike the fantasy of earth. We elves are tall, and slender, not short, and slender. What the fantasies do get right is our personalities, and beauty. At least most of us.


Being raised in this world where dragons, and gods walk the earth that would humble anyone who is sane. Sadly my uncle was not humbled. He was born in a different world so I guess he gets a pass.


I grew up in a town that is now a small city. Once again with dragons, and gods. They even taught me. The dragon helped me with psionics, and one of the gods was my personal teacher In magic.


It is easy to get by in human settlements as a elf. As long as you hide your ears. Or claim to be a mutant. Yes this world has rampent mutations. Some humans even became lizard like. After the rifts arrived.


Ok, enough about me. I am not as proud as my uncle, thank the gods. I am comming close the village stables. With a inn right by it.


Now this village, even though it is east of the new west. It has a old west feel to it. That is why I came here on a horse. Wearing a long duster, and a cowboy hat. I even have apair of six shooters, hidden. The revolver on my hip has a fake cylinder.


Though motor vehicles do exist from many cities. Horses are still more common then vehicles. Bionic horses less so. Yet she is still a living horse. She is just much stronger, faster, and tougher then a normal horse. Arn't cha Lady white?


Yes that is her name. Lady white she is a white horse with black spots. I rarely use her in battle because she is my personal horse. I can use her against the coalition as long as they use energy weapons.


Animal populations sky rocketed, well human populations plummeted. The demons, and monsters that came through the rifts had little use for animals.


It is like a wolf trying to survive on eating grass. Sure at first every living thing was slaughtered. Yet the animals were soon left alone. As the monsters hunted each other, as real food.

We enter the stable, and I call over the stable boy who is not a native earthling. He is clearly a alien like me. His race is called cactus people. They look like walking, talking cactuses. They are a plant life form who are as gental as can be. I must save this family. Thankfully they are the ones who run this stable, and Inn. Even if they do not own it.


I learned this after talking for a few minutes with the young lad. It seems his mom is running the inn. His dad is helping to round up the local cows, as a cowboy.


His people are also natural users of psionics. That is how they talk. When I came in he was rather scared of me because he was able to see that I was a major psionic user.


I am currently hiding my magic, and level of power. otherwise he would have been running for the hills. Normally only creatures like dragons are both mages, and a major psionic users.


I follow the kid to the Inn where I can get a room from his mother. I take off my hat, and duck my head to enter the cheap inn. I held my hat against my chest as I greated the
little lady. Proudly revealing my ears. In this disguess my hair is black. I am also waering some concealing cream to darken my complexion. To make it look like I spent lots of hours in the hot sun. The Grey family is normally vary pale.


She smiles at me. Seeing that I am a psionic D-bee likerself. Her powers are more advanced then her sons as can be expected. I am sure that she can read that I am not only happy to meet her, but that I am also a psionic healer. Something every town wants. Healers are alway wanted.


We talk in my head. Then she mentoned she has three rooms open. Currently There is someone else here as well. Someone I will likely meet at breakfast in the morning.


The cactus people do not eat meat, but she does make stews for breakfast that has some meat chuncks for guests. She was proud to show off her freezer. That has some wrapped up meat that she will cut up into small chunks for us in the morning.


After a friendly conversation. We agreed to 20 credits a night. Then a extra 50 a night for my horse. That includes her feed, and protection. She gave me a large discount. Mostly because I am a healer. After that I left to look around the village.


I wanted to get a good look at the village to help prepare
for the coalition invasion. Most of all if they come before I
am ready.


Unlike my fellow maguses I am in this village alone. The lords put me in charge of softening Missouri's expansion. That means rescueing the D-bee's, and mages. Then if I am able also save the psionic users.


I have already mentioned my plans that are slightly differnt then theres are. As long as I have the same outcome it should not matter.


Personally Like I said before our goal is to save lives, not all out war. Even we are still recovering from the destruction of the original federation of magic. That happened fourty three years ago durring the great Tech/magic war. When we were defeated by the coalition states.

I am currently 133 years old. The year is 58 P.A. according to the coalition states time frame. The P.A. means Post Apocalypse.


Now I did learn that the reason for the cowboy old west feel around town is because half the population migrated here from the west. After there last village was destroyed by a monster. Includded this family running the inn, and stables.


The reason they were hired for the job is simple, really. They speak through telepathy into the minds of others. They can in a way speak every language. In a world of thousands of races who do not know the common spoken language that Is a huge advantage.


Migrating to escape disasters is sadly common. Most of all for those who do not have a strong central government. Like the coalition states. Or us city states of magic that survivedthe destruction of the federation of magic.


After getting a good look around town I came back to the inn.Where I met the little ladies husband. I greeted him with a firm handshake. Healed his scraches, and marks from bulls who are far harder to keep in control then the female cows.


Then I told him the reason I came to town as to warn him. About the Coalitions plans to invade this town. So that his family and the other D-bees must get out of town.


I then showed him, and his wife a recording I have of coalitions actions to D-bee's. For the Coalition are for humans, and humans alone the rest of us would be killed if we were not prepared.


They were concerned for themselves of course, but also for there fellow villagers. I told them I plan on staying in the village till we know if the coalition is doing a hard take over or a soft take over.


If it is soft. I would leave with them to escort them to a safe place. If it is a hard take over. I would stay back to kill the coalition soldiers first wave. To give the people a chance to escape. I will not abandon them for I have seen first hand the kind of people the CS are.


They agreed to my suggestion of gathering the D-bees of the village. We are to meet in the villages largest Barn in two nights. To talk this over.


Because D-bee's are the outsiders of this world they often form into tight groups as they watch out for each other. The advantage of running into cactus people is they can spread the word in secret unless someone can read there mind.

Such a person would not be part of the coalition. So I am not really worried about it.


I asked that only fellow D-bee's be invited. Even though the mages would be targeted they can hide amoung the coalition for years if need be. But D-bees can't. Unless you look human like I do.


The little lady told me she will have her friend call for Bell. He is the one who rescued the migratting people. From the last town. Even though that town was still destroyed.


I told her that would be wise if he has that much power. The colition has grown larger in population these last 35 years. Not in tech other then the enforcer robot, and the C-14 There troops are still armed with the C-10 rifle, C-1 rocket launders, grenades, and medium plated armor. That has many weak points.


My skill with firearm is high enough that I could shoot off there heads with no problem. (Note: This is before the dead boy body armor). I have a 80% chance to quickdraw, and hit a head sized target at 500 feet.


With the conversation over. I then smile, then mention my second reason for being here out loud. "That I am a traveling healer looking to make a few credits helping people. I can't bring you back to life, or regrow your limbs." I did this In case of spies.


"What I can do is help you against disease, infections, deep cuts, and bullet holes. Stop your bleeding till you have a proper cover so you don't bleed out."


"As you can see I healed your cuts. I will do the same around town for a fair price." Our conversation is interuped my the little lady placing a plate in front of me with bread, and veggies.


"I can not wait for your home made stew for breakfast. You have such a wonderful wife that even I am smitten." I say with a smile. They both know I am just playing a role. Other wise the husband would have had a reason for his hidden gun. As he should. You should always protect your family, and honor. I would do the same if someone made a pass at my wives.


With my meal done I head into my room. Then draw out the circle of travel ritual spell. This spell lets me for a small price traval back to the meeting spot where my troops are waiting for me. Next I take out a magic scroll to use. It can turn the magic circle on.


Because I transfered my mana to a beast I can't cast magic.So I have to use this magic scroll. Any person can use a magic scroll. providded they can read the language it is writen in.


To make it even more difficult to read my scrolls I have them writen in three languages none of the languages are common in north america.


The languages I use are Dragonese, dwarven, and Demon. For me right now they are all writen in demon. It is the least likely language for a human to know.


I can also return to the village of Cor. In case I am kicked out. Almost every town has a authority figures who sacrfice there D-bees to stay in power. When the Coalition arrive.

Always there life is first, 2nd is there power, and authority. Then third is there family. I have seen this in every town, village, and city state.


This is the advantage of having gods for our leaders. They litterly train us themselves as if we were there own children. I consider Leizak D'zir my master as my father as well. In the city of Dweomer where I was raised.


For them we the people of the city are first. That is why they are not aggressive. It is the main reason we stayed out of the great war of 12 P.A. Only a few of our members were involved mostly on the federation side.


Most of our involvement was in protecting the villages, and towns of the magic zone from all out destruction from the mad men of the coalition states. Till we forced them to leave by our combined efforts with the constant infuxes from rifts of demons, and monsters.


We battled those demons, and monsters too, but mostly used them to soften up the coalition forces. By redirecting them to the coalition. Or herding them if you will.


Otherwise the war would still be going on today. But the they would have lost half it's population as a side efect. Thats only if they kept there magic squads.

Now that they removed there mages there chance of doing what they did in 12 P.A. is almost impossible. Unless they greatly increase there numbers, or there tech.


Now that I have finished my ritual magic spell. I will just work on replenishing my magic items like my techno wizard revolvers, and other magic items.


I have a pair TW-Six-Gun Revolver's. As well as a modified C-10 laser rifle, and a prop revolver. Two magically modified dusters. One of them has two dimenional pockets. That I use to hide my real revolvers in.


Thankfully the Coalition States armor has no face or neck protection. So that way called shots are enough for them. Plus it means more salvage.





Chapter 1 part 3





Salvage is something I love. I use the plates from there armor to help make our infantry armor. That is combined with the hides of monsters.


I am a still a High Magus, in my heart. That means a love for technology, and magic. I am a little bit of a battle junkie as well. That is why I can use two pistols at the same time like a old west gunslinger.


The next day I took Lady White for a galup. After a hour of letting her loose we return to the village. I had a white flage on a pole connected to her saddle that had a large red
cross on it. Even now hundreds of years later the red cross still stands for doctors, and medical survices.


It did not take long for a small group of people to gather around me. Includding the towns mayor. Who demanded to know who I am, and what I was doing here.


I smiled at him useing my high beauty to help charm the locals, and him. "Greeting everyone. My name is Samadi. I am a traveling doctor. Hoping to make a few credits in town before I go to the next town."


"Why would a doctor have side arms?"


"What a dumb question, Mr mayor. Do you think monsters, and robers would leave me be just because I am a doctor. I can confirm for you that they would not. Instead I would be targeted even more. Most of all by bandits. Who would want my
equipment."


"You need not worry sir. I have no interest in hurting your fine people. I am just a healer. I will help out anyone for a few credits."


"So be it." The mayor said. "I will allow you to set up a tent in the town center. Just be wise, and realize I will be watching you. We do not like strangers."


"Thank you, kind sir. I am sorry for insulting your question. It just seemed so silly considering the world we live in."


"I understand, but I will ask you to have your weapons removed. Take them to the Sheriffs office. But leave your rifle holstered going inside with a monster gun may cause some problems. They will be returned to you, when you leave town."


"Understood sir. Why don't you point me to your Sheriff. Then I will hand them over too him."


"He is down the road on the left about a quarter mile down."


"Thanks. Ok, everyone, I will turn my weapons in then head to the town center."


I find the sheriffs office, enter it, and announce myself.


"Hello sirs. My name is Samadi I am a traveling doctor. I was informed that I have to hand my weapons over in town. I have here a revolver. That is my weapon."


"Can you please tag it and store it for me. I really don't want to leave town in a week, or two unarmed. I would not survive till I got to the next town."


"Sure thing doc, can you write?"


"Yes sir. I can write in many languages, and speak them as well. It is required for my work."


"Good to know. Please come over here well I tag your firearm. Next I want you to strip."


"Pardon?"


"We have to check for other weapons of course."


"We can't have someone using a monster slaying weapon in town. Most of all one that could destroy a whole building."


Samidi does as he was told. As he was strip searched. Thankfully it was away from the windows, and door incase any one else would come in and see it.


We then went outside as the deputy checks my horse. Where I had a C-10 Laser Rifle. He took that as well. I see your horse has a side saddle holster With a laser rifle. "Why did you not bring that in with you doc!?"

"I did not want you to think I was trying to stick you up besides the mayor made it clear he did not want it to be upholstered. Besides it is not like I was hiding it. my revolver is for people, my C-10 is for monsters."


"I see, I understand just make sure to make things more clear next time."


"Thank you deputy, may I go now, I promised the locals I would be back as soon as I can. Many people in town seem to need a doctor."


"Sure, I have your rife, and 2 spare e-clips. Plus your revolver. I will let you hold onto your pistol ammo. We only have so much space in our storage lockers."


"Thank you, again deputy. Samadi Blueleaf then gets back on his horse. To go back to the center of town. Where he started to get to work."


Later in the afternoon he met his fellow traveler. Who was sitting in the lobby reading a Whykin newspaper. This village of Cor is roughly half way between the coalition state of Missouri, and the city state of Whykin.


So it is no surprise that things can be found here from both city states. The other guest is a bald man in his 50's from the look of it. He looks up and smiles seeing me arrive.


He then folds his paper gets up and approach me. (Greetings Doc. I hope you don't mind me calling you that. I have heard that you are a traveling doctor. I meant to meet you for breakfast but you left before I was awake.)


"Yes sir. My name is Samadi Blueleaf."


"Blueleaf that is a strange family name."


"Yeah my dad is a human from a different world. In his world it was not that rare to see leaves with blue in them. In fact those leaves had healing properties."


"My fathers family were healers even centuries back in his old world."


"Really!? Fascinating."


"My name is Carbon Stirling. I am a traveling salesman from Whykin. You know Whykin is a great city state that is always open to talented humans."


"I see, personally I prefer the small town feel. Besides people in places like this are normally without many chances to see a medical practicer. So healing people for a small reward in credits has become a occupation for me."


"Do the locals even have much credits though?"


"Not always, sometimes I take trade goods as well, things I could later trade for credits."


"That reminds me Carbon Stirling. I hope you did not mind. But when we were shaking hands I noticed that you seem to have some kind of medical problem. If you want I can give you a check up to learn what it is."


"No need, Mr. Blueleaf I know what it is. I was poisoned a few years back and some of the chemicals are still in my system causing me the shakes every once in awhile."


"If you would permit me I might be able to help clean up your blood, and organs to stop that from happening in the future."


"Thank you vary much for the offer, but I have had the medical staff in Whykin for years trying to help me. Sadly they could not fully cure it. Even with a replacement kidney. It was some kind of heavy metal compound poison that damages organs."


"Why don't I come by your room in a hour or so. Just to see if I can help you."


"No, you don't really have to."


"Sir you would not have been out here waiting in the lobby if you did not want to take a chance. I don't really mind helping you. If I can."


After a short break Samadi went over to Stirlings room, and knocked on the door.


Stirling answered for Samadi to enter.


"Good evening Mr. Stirling please remove your shirt and Lie on your back."


Carbon Stirling did as he was asked. He flopped back, and forth a few times lying on his sides and face not just back.


Then as the last light of setting sun came through the window. Samadi got up and walked to the door. Without a word.


Carbon did not even notice he was sleeping soundly for the first time in years.


When Carbon woke up the next day to thank Samadi. He was told That Samadi was already gone. He left for work first thing in the morning. Carbon learned this from the stable boy.


Talking to cactus people is still disturbing for him. For they do not actually talk. Unlike most D-bees. Who seem to be human like these guys are truly out of this world.





Chaprer1 Part 4


Carbon woke up feeling like a million bucks. He doe not know what the doctor did. All he knows is that it worked. He has to thank him, and provide a proper reward.


He was going to grab his own horse. When he thought to test himself instead. So like a foolish youth he ran out of the stables to get to the town center.


Only to quickly run out of breath. The heavy metals may have been removed from his body, but he is still in his 50's. Of course he can't run the whole way. Most of all when he has been lacking proper maintence of his muscle mass. After being poisoned.


He walks the rest of the way to find Samadi's horse, but no Samadi. So Carbon decided to wait for Samadi.


Person after person came up to him asking for medical attention. It frankly got annoying. to tell them that he was just waiting for doc to return. At one point he was screaming at the people coming for Samadi. He was so frustrated.


A women came by to get the crowd of peoples attention to let them know that the doctor will be busy for awhile he is with a women who is having a difficult birth.


So the people all went back home. Even Carbon went back to the inn.


Well on his way he was thinking about what a great guy this Samadi was. here he is saving the lives of so many. Not only did he save my own life He is now saving the life of a baby in delivery, and possibly the mother. I could not even imagine how hard that would be.


"That was hell!"


The D-bee mother's baby kicked her mothers artery during the birth. Grey had to help her finish her birth well keeping bleeding clogged. Until he had a chance to heal the artery.


Normally new borns do not have any claws, horns or other things that could damage the mother during birth. This race does though. Even if it is rare, for that race. What's worse is it was the mothers first birth. So she was more panicked then she needed to be. That made things more difficult.


I had to help her deliver her child, as well as keep the blood from flowing freely. That took so much concentration. I would have normally used deaden pain as well, but I could not keep so many powers going well helping in the Childs birth.


After everything was done I was done my self. I was so drained in both psionic energy, and general energy. I fell right to sleep just ten minutes after I was done.


When I woke up I was because the babies father along with cactus man. Who is the husband of the little lady who runs the inn came to get me.


It was time to meet them in the biggest barn in the village. I was able to walk I was just still vary tired. They seemed to be concerned, I told them that I am just vary tired.


I made sure to let them know that I would still do my job though. They half dragged me, half carried me to where the barn is. Then sat me on a newly baled hay stack. In the middle of the crowd of people. As can be expected none of them are humans.

I reach into my dusters pocket then pull out a tablet like device to play for them showing the recordings I made on my way here from three other villages. Including in the videos of the coalition soldiers. With there old style enforcers.


Standing around, and checking for survivors. When someone was found alive they were shot, or crushed to death by the butt of there C-10's, or underfoot by the troops.


"This will happen here if the coalition comes across any of you here. They have no remorse or morals for non humans. Honestly even if you were human you could expect poor treatment, but at least you would live."


"I was sent here to rescue you all from this possible future. There is spare room in a military fort for refugees. There commander is the one who sent me here as a request."


"The only downside is it is in the magic zone. The area that was once part of the federation of magic. I know how much of a bad reputation the magic zone has. Most of all because the federation of magic these last sixty years."


"Still the fortification is able to stand up to all the monsters that come from the rifts. They even send a few guards who will act as your escort. Men in 14ft tall golems that are stronger, and tougher then even the 30ft tall enforcer."


"These golems could even take on two enforcers at the same time. Even more so against the coalition's soldiers."


One of the women raises her hand then stands up. "Ummm doc. Why don't they just kill the invaders." Others nod along with her words, and make it sound like they agree. The women looks like a mix of a human and a cat.


"Sure they could but that first group are the most likely group of soldiers that will not glass the village. In Chi Town, and Free Quebec. They are slaughtering every village they come across that has us D-bees."


"Even if there are humans there as well. They are just saying the humans were mages. They have not targeted any city states yet, or federations of towns. It is only a matter of time. My friends have a Behemoth explorer robot to transport for you and your families to travel in."


"That way you will all have great protection. I plan on staying here to see if the Coalition will behave. If not then I will have them removed. Before there reinforcements arrive."


"The reinforcements part is the main reason I don't want to destroy them first. The coalition will start with a mark 3 APC then if there is resistance they will call for a full company of backup troops."

"That is 2-3 APC's, 2-3 enforcer robots, hover cycles. Even my friends can't take out that much force with out help of the fort that they live at."


"Can the fort defeat that kind of force? A male d-bee asked."


"With ease, The coalition would need 10 companies not just a single company. That is something they would never risk. Most of all if it means taking losses on the way there. From the rifts dropping fresh demons, and monsters."


"Then how will we survive." the first women spoke up again.


"Simple, speed. A army always travels slow. That is why armies always prefer small focused battles. Huge troop movements are always easy to see, and slow down. The coalition knows this well from there war with the federation."


"We have around three days before they arrive unless they come early."


This time it was a quick-flex alien who spoke up. "How large are there forces. How many troops will they send?"


"I take you want a breakdown of there forces. I can do that for you. There smallest force is a squad. A squad would have a sergeant, corporal, four light troops armed with C-10 laser rifles. Then two troops armed with C-14 heavy rifles."


"A platoon is three tp four squads. that is what they will likely send as the initial forces. If they have trouble they would request reinforcements. Those reinforcements would be two more platoons, and maybe a armored platoon. A armored platoon is three enforcers. Those four platoons make a company."


"A platoon is lead by a military specialist. Called a Lieutenant. The company is lead by a Captain. Who is also a military specialist. Most of the time. It is rare for a common soldier to raise in the ranks higher then a sergeant, but it does happen."


"Those are the guys you don't want to fight. They are always hard core experienced soldiers. That lead there soldiers instead of directing there troops. They are not the soft officers that sit back and let there troops do all the work."


"During the war in 12 P.A. The coalition had no choice but to promote many of it's sergeants. Those sergeants then led the coalition to victory."


"The soft elites always become the officers when times are easy. Then when times are hard the real soldiers take there place to lead the way to victory. This is always the case in human history."


"I have to get back to the inn. So I can rest up for tomorrow. I will give you all two days to decide what you are going to do. Those that want to leave can join me five miles north of the village."


"STOP! Not one of you move! Why are you all here in this barn. Seeing so many towns people gathered like this makes it look like some kind of uprising."


"I see you have the doc with you all. Is the outsider trying to cause a rebelion. I am the law in this here town of Cor. I will not have such gatherings in my town. I want all of you to go home after my deputies learn who all of you are, and where you all live."


"I know some of you of course but I will learn all of your names. The fourteen deputies then start collecting on who was all here."


"I don't know what lies you are feeding our citizens doc. I don't like it. You can get on your horse, and leave town. Or I can put a laser through your head. The choice is yours."


"Deputies after you have everyones names, and house numbers. bring the lists to my desk. Then let the people go on back home. I am going to keep an eye on this rabble rouser."


"You had to keep pushing me didn't you doc. I recon I should put a bullet in you here, and now. Instead I will see you out of this town without your guns back. That C-10 of yours is a real nice rifle has a great scope. I will enjoy keeping it."


I don't know what he is talking about I have only seen this guy once, and that was when I was talking to his deputy about my revolver.


The sheriff guides Blueleaf back to the stable. To watch him get his horse, and leave. He then follows Samadi out for a few miles before turning around.


Grey continues for a few miles before he stops. He then canceals his Transferal spell. His mana comes back with a rapid rush. Then gets off his horse to send two messeges.


The first is to the escort team to let them know that phase two has started. Then the second to his wife, and commander. To let her know that the sheriff threatened to shoot him in cold blood, and stole his weapons, and then he collected alist of all the D-bees. Likely for the coalition. The rest of what he said is a private matter between husband, and wife.


I was waiting in the lobby again. When I saw the The cactus family enter with the exception of there son. Who is still here. They greet me then make there way past me.


I stopped them, and asked if they knew where Samadi is. That made them stop. Then they looked at each other for a few moments.


The hostess tells me that Samadi was thrown out of the village by the sheriff. For the crime of meeting with many locals.


"What? How is that a crime?"


"It is not. Not only was he forced to leave he was even disarmed, and thrown out with no weapons. He was given a death sentence. After all the good he has done for the village."


"Will the mayor let this slide? I can't see him permitting this."


She replies. "We will find out in a few days. We just hope that Samadi can stay alive well we call for a snap election to remove the sheriff."

© Copyright 2024 Orian (noutongrey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328073-CHAPTER-1-Lord-Prince-Norman-Grey