*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327649-Breaking-Point
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2327649
to break in order to feel better.
Mallory decided to choose the rage room. It had tv’s, microwaves, couches and many more objects to destroy. The room was ugly and disheveled. Yet, perfect. Her heart raced a little from the excitement that she felt coursing through her veins.
“Explain it to me one more time.”
Josh, the employer chuckled as if he had heard this statement many times.
“It’s really very simple,” Josh, began: “Have at it. It will make you feel a lot better.”
He handed her the metal bat, it felt cool in her grasp. He then walked out leaving her all alone to deal with her demons. She first went up to the box tv, anger filling up in her hands, heart racing, heat exhuming from her pours.
She heard her dad’s voice from within her tormented mind: “You will never amount to anything with that attitude.”
Mallory swung, the sound of broken glass shattering all around her. You know nothing! She thought.
She then heard her ex-boyfriend’s voice: “I only took her out because you don’t give me any of your time.”
BOOM! There went the microwave. You wouldn’t understand! The voices kept coming and blows kept crashing.
Mallory kept on swinging until she felt the rage protrude from her soul. Covered in sweat and exhausted, she didn’t realize she had been crying.
Josh the employer came back.
“Your time is up.”
“You were right. I do feel much better,” Mallory said as she handed him the bat, feeling a new sense of hope.


WC: 251
© Copyright 2024 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327649-Breaking-Point