*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327449-How-To-Email-Sorting-and-Highlighting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #2327449
A step by step instruction in sorting and filtering your emails.

Email Sorting and Highlighting
HOW TO


When it comes to organizing your emails, there's always a better way to do it than manually moving them to a specific folder. By perusing Writing.Com's useful sorting and highlighting feature, you can have the sorting process in full automation.


*QuestionB* HOW TO ACCESS EMAIL HIGHLIGHTING & FILTERING

*HighlighterG* Access your Email on the left sidebar *Left*
*HighlighterG* Click on the *Gear* icon located on the top most right corner of Inbox page
*HighlighterG* You should be able to see this *Bullet* Manage Message Highlighting and Filtering:
*HighlighterG* Click that and you'll be directed to your Message highlighting and Filtering System utility.



*QuestionB* HOW TO CREATE A HIGHLIGHT OR FILTER

*HighlighterG* While you are on the Message highlighting and Filtering System page, click the button that says Add Highlight or Filter.
*HighlighterG* You'll be routed a page to customize your highlight as shown below.



Illustration A: Create a Name and Choose a Color for the Highlight



Illustration B: Additional Setting


Set the following:

*Bullet* Field Matching - This is where you set KEYWORDS that command the system to scan through your Mailbox. If the system finds a match, then it will be highlighted according to your established color highlight. You may set the subject, from, to, cc, and/or reply to.

*Bullet* Move message into Folder - This setting allows you to command the system which folder you want the email message be automatically sent to once the system finds a match.

*Bullet* Match messages in these mailboxes - This setting is to command the system which folder the KEYWORDS will be executed.


*HighlighterP*          Feature 1: Email Highlighting    
This feature allows you to highlight email messages within your Inbox based on the assigned keywords and color as shown on the illustrations below.


Illustration 1: Sample Keyword and Color Setup



Illustration 2: Sample Output


*Highlighter*          Feature 2: Email Filtering    
This feature allows you to filter and move email messages from your Inbox to a specific folder based on the assigned keywords and color as shown on the illustrations below.


Illustration 3: Sample Keyword and Color Setup for Filtering



Illustration 4: Sample Output for Filtered Emails


In this feature, you may choose to use the default folders set by Writing.com. However, you can always create new folders intended for this purpose as shown below.


Illustration 5: Sample Folder


*QuestionB* HOW TO CREATE NEW FOLDERS
This is exhaustively documented here: "Folders" Tab



Approx. 400 Words
Written for: "WDC L'il Helper Contest
© Copyright 2024 GERVicious Ghoul 💀 (gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327449-How-To-Email-Sorting-and-Highlighting