*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327412-Marhan-Prayer
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #2327412
Prayer of the vagabond species, Marhan.
"What if you sink? How will you return to me?"
"All the oceans do not contain enough water to hold me. I would return to you."

From such a story does the Marhan prayer, and custum, of saying "I will return to you" derive. A formal, heavy and often romantic way of saying "Goodbye", often used by soldiers going off to war or during funerals. It is a greater philosophy that no matter what happens in this world, we will always meet those we care for further down the road. That there are no final separation, but rather a final congregation of loved ones. That we will never be entirely alone, for unification is always just a brief spat of time away.

The Vermillion Emperor glassed the Marhan homeworld thousands of years ago, their mountains leveled to glass plains, the oceans evaporated and expunged to space.


Still, the Marhan sing and speak, pray, that "I would return despite the oceans" despite there is no home to return to, no oceans left.
© Copyright 2024 Evignity S.W.X. (evignity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327412-Marhan-Prayer