*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324156-Sindys-Summer-Adventure-continued
by Ebonii
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2324156
part two of the story.

... As Sindy stood surrounded by the trees, the silence had almost become disorientating. She thought about stepping further, but some how she couldnt take another step. It was like she had become paralysed, but she could still feel her feet beneath her. Sindy's legs almost began to give way underneath her, and suddenly she stepped backwards. slowly walking a few paces before turning round and walking quickly out of the woodland area and back onto the main field of the site. Her caravan stood infront of her, she could see it right ahead and was thinking all she needed to do was to get back inside.

Once inside the caravan , Sindy sat down,taking a moment to think about the feeling she got when stood amongst the trees. Did this have some thing to do with the barking she had heard the night before? Was it just a local dog, or a dog from another caravan? It didnt seem to be at the time. She made herself some tea and sat for a while.

For the rest of the day Sindy busied herself. She took a nice long swim in the on-site pool, had a nice lunch, and looked round the gift shop. As dusk began to cover the sky, the heat lay heavy in the air. At times it felt as if there was barely any air to breathe, and sweat gently wet the skin. Sindy went for a drink to see what the evenings entertainment was like. As she left a few hours later, heading back to her caravan, the air was humid and unsettling. Inside her caravan Sindy dressed for bed, she sat resting and read for a while.

A loud eery howl, followed by barking woke her up. Checking the clock on her phone she saw it had gone midnight. She quickly checked the door was locked, as the window was open slightly with an attempt and letting some air in to cool the rising heat inside the caravan. The barking seeme dto be coming from other directions this time, as if there was a pack spreading out alongside the tree line. Sindy peeped out through a crack in the curtain, hoping that her silowette couldnt be seen. Then for the first time she thought she saw something move quickly from one tree to another. It seemed to be abit of a blur, like a flash, but slower. Sindy put her hand over her mouth as she silently gasped, she couldnt belive what she had seen. She it move towards the site, coming just slightly ionto view. It stood up on two legs and howled, followed by two other dog like creatures , standing beside it. They were looking around the area, their bark was a warning, an announcement of their entrance. The moon was hidden behind some clouds, and as they shifted Sindy saw the creatures illuminated a little bit more. She hadnt noticed it before, as the evening had stayed light until late. The site had quite a few lights that seemed to distract from the moonlight, however these had gone off, and the moon was lighting up the area by the treeline.

Sindy couldnt believe what she was seeing. The air had gotten chilly and a slight fog has started to float out from the small woodland. it seemed to grow quickly, surrounding the creatures, and they began to become indistinguishable. Sindy felt the quickness of her heart beat as she watched from a crack in the curtain. She was hoping that she hadnt been noticed as she wasnt sure how dangerous they were. The fog began to rise, and soon she heard the light tapping of rain on the roof of the carvan.

A denser fog now covered the area and Sindy couldn't see anything, the rain got harder and seemed to play a tune as it bounced off the roof. She felt light headed and sat down , almost falling on the seat she was kneeling on. Sindy moved to the bed and lay down , as everything began to blur before she passed out.

The next morning Sindy woke feeling much better, she moved slowly to the window, unsire what the time was, and noticed the sun was shining bright. It was daytime , and she had survived. Turning on the radio she heard the local broadcast mentioning the fog that had descended on the area the night before. Sindy waited to hear if the howling and barking was mentioned, but nothing. Sindy thought while she sat and ate some breakfast, she wanted to leave the site and move on. Her holiday was onlly half way through, but this camp site was scarey. She packed everything up and paid her bill, asking the receptionist if they had heard anything odd about the site? They stated they hadnt heard anything, but hadnt spoken to anyone since yesterday morning.

Sindy thought about her stay at the site as she joined the lines of vehicles on the road. she couldnt settle until she had gotten atleast an hour away. the day was hot and the air seemed thin, Sindy sat in her jeep , drinking some water and put on the radio. As the jeep rolled slightly forward she flicked through the radio stations, stopping when she heard a conversation that was talking about a fog that had descended shortly after three animals had appeared from a treeline of a local woodland.
© Copyright 2024 Ebonii (ebonii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324156-Sindys-Summer-Adventure-continued